• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I got the exhaust back a little over an hour after dropping it off just around the corner. Thanks to my brother in law's coworker that does TIG welding on the side, look at the welds and see for yourself. I will be going over the exhaust and tidy it up before installing it, can't wait to NOT hear a drone.Helm bracket.jpg Helm support (1).jpg Helm support (2).jpg

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
With the profile of the top and longer body, it has kind of a Studebaker look to it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I was able to get the exhaust back on late yesterday to take it out for a test drive. UNBELIEVABLE, is all that can be said, you can actually hear the synchros at low speeds and the drone is GONE at highway speeds. While the system was off the car, remembered to drill the 1/8" Muffler weep hole.jpg Muffler weep hole 1.jpg drain/weep holes for the mufflers.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I had to do a minor adjustment with the fuel gauge float, when I moved that main tank baffle from the top of the tank to the lower part it was tied to the fuel pump sump front edge. Unfortunately, the float was interfering with the baffle. Took the fuel pump/float assembly out and bent the wire that holds the float to clear the baffle.tank baffle.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The clutch pedal didn't feel right last time the car was out so I ordered a Clutch Slave Cylinder. Just removed it while waiting for the part to arrive and turns out to be dry as a bone. Just ordered a Clutch Master Cylinder, will wait for that to arrive before replacing. This replacement should last as long as the original since I will go ahead and replace both after I bench bleed the master cylinder.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Talked to my body shop today about finished the body work and painting the car for me. Since I rattle canned the car black, am leaning towards the darker colors. What is the darkest (not black) color Rootes used?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Talked to my body shop today about finished the body work and painting the car for me. Since I rattle canned the car black, am leaning towards the darker colors. What is the darkest (not black) color Rootes used?

I think midnight blue was pretty dark.

Mike

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I think midnight blue was pretty dark.

Mike
Exactly what I was thinking. When blue was first discussed I was against it because initially "Ford" blue was in mind and not what was wanted. Obviously a factory Rootes shade of blue would not be dark enough.
I wonder if I can trouble Gordon to post a couple of pics of his car inside and in the sun, might just be the shade I am after.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Blk Cherry.jpg Blk Cherry.jpeg B.C. on a Cobra I believe? ... I'm leaning towards a Cobalt Blue for my SV ..... I do like the black cherry though! .... next Alpine

..... David

Last edited: