• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Darksiders United - West Coast and beyond

kmathis

Donation Time
Hey, all V6ers and "want to be" V6ers, and anybody else that wants to attend. ALL ARE WELCOME.:)
My annual Darksider Meet, in my garage in Yorba Linda, will be taking place on:

Sunday, April 27th 2014, at high noon...or a little earlier.

Whether your car is running or not, there is always plenty of good conversation, good food, and lots to look at.

I will have one of Jose's kits there for inspection, including the headers, and hopefully a modified set of headers to go straight back instead of out to the rockers.

Jose will be on the Big Screen on Skype, if he is not there in person, so we look forward to that.

I hope to have my engine back up and running by then, the machine shop has been dragging their feet...either way, it will running or on the rack.

So set your calendars for a few hours of food, fun, and Sunbeams.

See you there.

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Kelly, Sounds like a plan! Gotta get moving on installing the new interior so i can drive it down this year. So close to drivable its making me crazy!

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hey, all V6ers and "want to be" V6ers, and anybody else that wants to attend. ALL ARE WELCOME.:)
My annual Darksider Meet, in my garage in Yorba Linda, will be taking place on:

Sunday, April 27th 2014, at high noon...or a little earlier.

Whether your car is running or not, there is always plenty of good conversation, good food, and lots to look at.

I will have one of Jose's kits there for inspection, including the headers, and hopefully a modified set of headers to go straight back instead of out to the rockers.

Jose will be on the Big Screen on Skype, if he is not there in person, so we look forward to that.

I hope to have my engine back up and running by then, the machine shop has been dragging their feet...either way, it will running or on the rack.

So set your calendars for a few hours of food, fun, and Sunbeams.

See you there.

Hi Kelly

Sounds like a blast.Would be great if I was somewhat closer.I,am like a pilgrim all on his own up here in the great white north.5 feet of snow and bloody cold

kmathis

Donation Time
Hey, John: be glad to have you there, and give us an update, no matter what it is, I doubt if mine will be ready either, but it will be there to gawk at, regardless.

Chuck, I wish you were closer too, I would love to check your ride out in person.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, I wish you were closer too, I would love to check your ride out in person.

I would love to have you take a ride in either of my cars.Unfortuantely I am somewhat not going to be able to do much in the way of travelling.
When we lost our son the light sort of burned very low.It just after 7 years was starting to get bright.Unfortunately my wife now needs spinal surgery
and the light is dimming once again.

Thank god for all the wonderful 10 grandchildren as they do make our life so much better.

If anyone ever gets up here they are more than welcome to stay with us as we have lots of room.Some decent car shows as well all summer

We have hosted a few Sunbeamers over the years

Pardon my rambling and enjoy every day

lillypad

Donation Time
Kelly
If my schedule permits I'm planning on flying out with a friend for a long weekend and planning to attend.
The 2.8 was finished last summer and is sitting in the warehouse with the 63 waiting to get started. Cracked the heads on the 67 last fall and the car is now running better than ever since the fix. I suspect they were cracked all along.
Looking forward to spending a little time in Cali so see you soon
John

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
......Some decent car shows as well all summer.....

Let us here in Saskatoon know if you have a British one. We like the drive and Winnipeg is about right for distance. Sorry, I'm the lone Rootes guy but a few TR's, MG's and Jag's might make the trip. We won't impose on your hospitality, but I'm sure you'd get a lot of free drinks in exchange for showing us your cars.

Al

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Darksiders United

Kelly: I'm planning on bringing my V6 conversion, running or not. I might have to trailer it, but am working like a beaver to get it finished for the get together.:cool:

kmathis

Donation Time
Kelly: I'm planning on bringing my V6 conversion, running or not. I might have to trailer it, but am working like a beaver to get it finished for the get together.:cool:

Cool!!! Be glad to have you there, can't wait.
I was traveling this week; so, my response was a bit slow.:)

SeanP

Donation Time
Would love to come and meet you guys. Unfortunately you are meeting on my Moms birthday dammit. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Wait its April not March cool I will probably make it. Can you guys recommend a place to stay in the area?

Last edited:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Trying to work it out now. Have not been here long enough to have saved up vacation time so..... I'll do the best I can.

kmathis

Donation Time
Would love to come and meet you guys. Unfortunately you are meeting on my Moms birthday dammit. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Wait its April not March cool I will probably make it. Can you guys recommend a place to stay in the area?

Google search for hotels in and around Yorba Linda, Ca. and several will pop up. Their is a Fairfield, nearby, a Residence Inn not too far,...several right here in the area.

Look forward to seeing you here.:)

d.works66

Donation Time
Hi Kelly,
I have a new project 66 S5 and am wanting to put a 3000gt engine in...:D But, first I'm going to enjoy it the way it is for a few months and I don't live too far from you. I am in the Victorville area. I would like to come to your little gathering in April if possible. PM me with the details if you wish.

Don

kmathis

Donation Time
Great, sounds like fun.

I will send a PM with my address and other details.

Anybody else, just send me a PM or e-mail and I will send you the info.

SeanP

Donation Time
Will not be able to make it

Hey guys
I have been having trouble with my Carb and steering box since the purchase. It has a vacuum leak either from the secondary throttle shaft or the throttle plate gasket and I need to rebuild it. The steering box is causing a pretty bad wander at freeway speeds. Until I get these issues fixed I'm going to keep the trips a little closer to home. Hope you guys all have a great time and I will hopefully be able to make it next year.

kmathis

Donation Time
Not a problem, Sean; you have a real nice car there, so once you sort out these issues, it will be even nicer. This whole drive train, makes these little cars very dependable, and fun to drive. I will look forward to seeing it in person.

Take care,:)

kmathis

Donation Time
Hi, All:

A week from Sunday, April 27th at noon; my house in Yorba Linda, Ca. The Darksiders (and anyone else, who would like to attend) are meeting to trade stories, check out a few cars, and enjoy our hobby.

We will have food, fun, and Sunbeams...what a menu!!

We will have Jose on Skype, and one of Jose's kits will be available to see, and or purchase, should anyone need one.

All are invited, if you need my address, send me a PM.

See you there.:D