• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Another new V6 install

gordonra

Donation Time
I think it'd be a great idea!

Maybe we could talk Jose in to coming up???? :)

I've not been to Cars and Coffee yet...

My work week is incredibly full.... Weekends are a very welcome break, but I'll be moving in about two weeks. Did anyone have a date in mind?

Rich

Hey, a So Cal V6 meet and greet; what a good idea. Garet, seeing a V6 conversion in process (like Rich Gordon's) sure motivates you to get started, gathering parts at least, so you will be ready; it spreads out the cost too.
My conversion is starting in the next couple of weeks; I am over here in Yorba Linda, you guys are all welcome here; or we could meet at Cars & Coffee down in Irvine, something like that.
What do you think, Rich?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Rich,

Unfortunately, I have lost my base of operations there in So. Cal. My sister that lived in Riverside, has moved to the desert somewhere. The closest relative I now have there, lives in Temecula, about 45 miles south of Riverside. I don´t know when you guys would have the get together, but I would love to be there with you guys. I haven´t met Garret yet either.

Jose

I think it'd be a great idea!

Maybe we could talk Jose in to coming up???? :)

I've not been to Cars and Coffee yet...

My work week is incredibly full.... Weekends are a very welcome break, but I'll be moving in about two weeks. Did anyone have a date in mind?

Rich

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
The drive to Oceanside isn't too bad from Orange County, maybe we could plan a meet and great there next time you are in CA Jose? I would love to see some of the local V-6 cars, as I am getting ready to make the new engine mount cuts, fit the tranny, etc. My SII is pretty much just a shell now as most of the parts have been removed. Seeing the other Alpines would motivate me and help me meet my 4-year plan deadline of May 2012 :)

And sorry for highjacking the thread . . .

Garet

daniel luna

Donation Time
Southern Cal meet

I think on a weekend would be great idea
for the members that have their cars
running or not I am able to take time
any weekend!:cool:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Rich,

We must have our priorities in order..... Let's look at it this way..... Depending on when you do this, I'll plan my visit to my folks/friends/return old library books etc around the SoCal V6 meet.... :D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Garet,

Please don´t wait till I can come, because I may not be able to get there. I would love to be there, but if I can´t, don´t stop the meeting. You guys would have a great time getting together, plus it might give those who have stopped working on their Alpines, a bit of motivation.

It would be the actual first SAOCA meeting on the west coast, V6 or not. Maybe some of the guys from up north would consider coming down to meet all the other west coast V6 Alpines. Who knows, you may get a big surprise by the amount of guys that show up. With I-5 being so accessable, and it not taking more than 8-9 hours to get all the way from Redding or the Bay Area to So.Cal area. There must be about 20 V6 Alpines in California alone.

I get all excited just thinking about it. When you guys get it all sorted out, please let me know, because there might be a miracle and I might show up.

Jose

Wouldn´t that be something!?

The drive to Oceanside isn't too bad from Orange County, maybe we could plan a meet and great there next time you are in CA Jose? I would love to see some of the local V-6 cars, as I am getting ready to make the new engine mount cuts, fit the tranny, etc. My SII is pretty much just a shell now as most of the parts have been removed. Seeing the other Alpines would motivate me and help me meet my 4-year plan deadline of May 2012 :)

And sorry for highjacking the thread . . .

Garet

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Wow. A Modified Meet AND on the West Coast.... I can see it all now.... V6 Alpines, good company and a Shrine to The Creator.

Offer sacrifice on the workbench of The Shrike.

Jose, I'll Skype you from the meet and we can hold a "Blessing of the Shrikes"....... Naah, we're not fanatics...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Hillman,

We Dark Siders are not into the excluding of anyone, no matter what they drive. Before you wrote, I had thought about asking the guys if they would open it up to any and everyone. How can we proselytize anyone, if we don´t share the gospel?:D

Jose

Can I come in my stock 4?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Hey Rich! Did you see the announcement for the Tiger event in Long Beach?

Hmmmm... :cool:

gordonra

Donation Time
No, I didn't.... Where is it posted?

I've been working on my throttle cable today, trying to improve the travel and smoothness. It's working much better now. I'm getting full travel and the pedal operates much easier.

Hey Rich! Did you see the announcement for the Tiger event in Long Beach?

Hmmmm... :cool:

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
I will be there for sure. My kids love the Queen Mary; maybe we could hook up for breakfast at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles first?

Garet

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Nice Rich! Love the wheels in the Conversion section. What did they come off or are they aftermarket?

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

Those wheels are from an Alfa Romero. Would you believe that I picked up a set of five wheels from ebay (local pick up only) for $1? They are in great contition... I sand blasted and painted them, bought front and rear hubs, now just have to install them.

I've seen a set of four, same wheels go for over $400!

Nice Rich! Love the wheels in the Conversion section. What did they come off or are they aftermarket?