• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by whoizrob

1. W

V6 Jose in Hospital

=( Get well soon!
  2. W

Autopower Roll Bar

Hey Alsalp... I posted a reply to your message in the "wanted" section. In short, I'd love to see some pictures, and depending on where in Central California you are I could also pick up. Thanks! Rob
  3. W

Wanted Roll Bar

Alsalp... Where in Central California are you? Any pictures? Does it have the optional horizontal harness bar? Are the rear supports bolted to the bar or welded in? Thanks! I might be able to pick up if it isn't too far... Rob
  4. W

California Legacy License Plates

Hrmmm.... I guess I'll just try to refinish them myself or farm it out. I dig that the plate is original and has the 63 stamped on the corner... Which leads me to a weird tangent. My car is registered as a 65' SIV, but the plate has a 63 stamped on it... I am at work for a few days but need...
  5. W

Rear deck lid lettering

That's good to know! My SIV GT doesn't have the trunk lettering and I was trying to figure out how to get the proper spacing and drilling to get the letters back on. Thing is I can't see any filler holes on the inside of the trunk lid. One question I did have, since the part numbers are the...
  6. W

California Legacy License Plates

So.... If I have a current black and yellow, I can get a reissue? Mine is kind of beat up.... It's not clear if this is a programm for current antique plate owners to get new reprints of the original plate, or for anyone to get old looking plates with new numbers for any car.... Rob
  7. W

S3 GT to a convertable

SIlly question... What is a "Roaster" top? I, too have a GT, and have also wanted a modular top "to go", for those just in case moments, or overnight stays. It seems that if you had the fabric for a convertible top, you could fabricate some sort of stiffeners, especially if you had a rollbar...
  8. W

Roll Bar

fab guy... Could he make a COUPLE? I want one too! With a harness cross bar! Rob
  9. W

Roll Bar

Try talking to them? I talked to the autopower folks and told them that I would rather have welded rear braces than bolt ons and they said they could do that free of charge. If you really wanted an extra 2" they may accommodate that as well. Most bars are made to order anyway... Rob
  10. W

Plug and play aftermarket radiator...

questions.... It's not a tiger spec radiator, it's just an offering from their "generic" catalog that just happened to be the exact size as the stocker. It might be a bit overkill but since the fan will be thermostatically controlled I have no worries about her warming up at rest, and since...
  11. W

Plug and play aftermarket radiator...

Mostly =) So I've been crazily busy with work and life so I haven't made much progress since receiving my Griffin aluminum radiator. I did, however get the old clunker out and mock up the new one while I finish making my sheet metal brake for the brackets I intend to use. So far it looks...
  12. W

Nissan in Alpine

hey Bashby! You available for hire?! ;)
  13. W

Nissan in Alpine

Nice Work! How are the shock mounted up top? Is the lost 3/4" due to the upper arms hitting the body? I wonder what would happen if you mounted the top arms a bit lower, like more toward the front of the axle instead of directly on top. Are the lower arms mounted to the original leaf springs...
  14. W

New Wiring harness - Thanks Paul A

Hrmmm.... I suppose I could make a connector for the motor connections and just change it out from the firewall forward. As far as the unused circuits, you said you just coiled up the wire for future use. How much extra wire do you have there, is it a big pile or were you able to bundle it...
  15. W

New Wiring harness - Thanks Paul A

Wiring and future projects.... Hi guys, I have a S4 which is undergoing mild modification right now, mostly reliability upgrades, with more fun planned for later (engine swap, seat heaters, hidden stereo, etc.). My question is this. I am worried about electrical issues NOW. The rest of the...