• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Scotty's latest activity

• Scotty
    Scotty reacted to rixter's post in the thread New Owner with Like Like.
    Welcome to the club. Rest assured with new Alpine ownership, we all started in your position. Plenty of knowledge, experience...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to Beuford's post in the thread New Owner with Like Like.
    Fulfilled one of my teenage dreams and finally purchased an Alpine. It’s a ’64 Series IV GT with only 35K original miles on it. It sat...
  • Scotty
    Scotty replied to the thread Automatic trans. kickdown cable.
    163 is correct. The kickdown cable gets attached ‘to the case’ and carb, doesn’t go in the case.
  • Scotty
    I'm interested. How much plus shipping?
  • Scotty
    Scotty replied to the thread Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods.
    Are there any plans out there for someone to make a batch of these?
  • Scotty
    Scotty replied to the thread Automatic trans. kickdown cable.
    Maybe these folks can make you one: https://shop.roverp6cars.com/KICKDOWN-CABLE-BW35-CUSTOM-MADE Description from site: KICK DOWN...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to sunny67's post in the thread Carb advice needed with Like Like.
    May have found it. It’ll take a few days of not leaking to be sure. I replaced the needle valve for the third time. The engine fired...
  • Scotty
    Scotty replied to the thread Carb advice needed.
    Wow. Thank you for taking the time to explain this all to me. I'm still learning about the extent of the cars built by Rootes and find...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to husky drvr's post in the thread Carb advice needed with Like Like.
    No reason to use two when one was able to generate all the power the engine was capable of making. Bottom line >>>>>> == $...$...$...$...
  • Scotty
    The more I read on this board, the more I learn. I didn't even know this existed. Why did they use just a single carb on an engine that...
  • Scotty
    A 67 Alpine (Series V) should have a 1725 stock, which is a 1.7L. I've never seen just a one-barrel Stromberg on the Alpine, I bet it's...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to Shannon Boal's post in the thread Burned Wire with Like Like.
    I have taken this to heart, have the thirty amp fuse already in place....looking into the 350 amp fuse, like the battery switch...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to Barry's post in the thread Bumper bolt issue with Like Like.
    A 14 mm bolt is just a smidgen (0.011") smaller than a 9/16" bolt, so ..... it's a definite maybe.
  • Scotty
    Scotty replied to the thread Bumper bolt issue.
    Thank you for mentioning the last part. I checked just out of paranoid and its welded pretty good in there. You made me think of...
  • Scotty
    Scotty reacted to Toyanvil's post in the thread Bumper bolt issue with Like Like.
    helicoil or tap it to 14mm.