• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by JoshT

1. J

Ford 2.8L

I'm headed over to parent's house, so I may poke around and see if those old spare heads are still there. Dad hauled off a lot of scrap and built a new shop since I the last time I laid eyes on them. I'd pretty much decided that I'd never use them, so wasn't worried about it.
  2. J

Ford 2.8L

Yep. Your experience and one or two other member's experiences with it sugested it is not the right one for me. Plus I no longer have a stock cam to regrind. If I'm going to buy a cam anyway I'd rather pickup something available off the shelf that is close to what I want. I'm asking questions...
  3. J

Ford 2.8L

I found a chart you did for the Racer Walsh stage 2 here: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/v6-cam-specs.26362/page-2#post-180513 Looks almost the same as the Comp 83-241-4. I was expecting it to be more since I've read somewhere here that the RW stage 2 is somewhere between...
  4. J

Ford 2.8L

All good, I still appreciate the effort.
  5. J

Ford 2.8L

Looks like the 38-241-4 makes good numbers for me. Do you happen to have a graph for the 38-240-4 that I currently have, or even the stage 2 Racer Walsh cams? Wondering if it would even be worth while to change. I do not remember if it has the steam holes, but I doubt it. That's something I...
  6. J

Ford 2.8L

Based on what I've read, that's the one I definitely want to avoid. I'm sure its great for what it was made for (IE: squeezing max power out of a heavily built 2.8) but that's not what I'm after. Seem to recall several people saying something along the lines of they wanted to move away from that...
  7. J

Ford 2.8L

Jim, for some reason I thought I saw 2.8L on that Ranger & Bronco page. Guess I was seeing things. Hydraulic lifter cam profiles probably won;t work too well for a solid lifter engine, so I should probably call and talk to them about it when the time comes. I'll look for DanR and browse through...
  8. J

Ford 2.8L

I took a look at camcraft after your post suggesting them. I don't think the one in the Antique Cams will work with my engine (84 Ranger) but the ones in the Ranger & Bronco should. Not a lot of info given there though. https://www.camcraftcams.com/catalogs-links/ranger-bronco/ Was hoping for...
  9. J

Ford 2.8L

I know about Theragerstation, been a member over there since around 2000. The 2.8L topics aren't as ative as they used to be and a lot of the old knowledge is gone or moved on to other (namely V8) engines and don't want to be bothered. Never was a lot of info on the free-floating rocker stuff...
  10. J

Ford 2.8L

Apparently been a member a long time and didn't realize it. Back around the time I joined I had a Ranger with the Ford 2.8L, so I guess I was looking for information on them. Ranger is totaled, but I still have the engine and want to do something with it. Probably not an Alpine, but likely a...