• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by DaisyPusher

1. DaisyPusher

Very Stiff Clutch Pedal

I have a V6 and Wilwood slave myself so I'll look into that. It's a shame because aside from the stiff pedal it shifts perfectly. Just wish PCH wasn't so congested on the weekends so we can cruise in 5th for awhile...
  2. DaisyPusher

Very Stiff Clutch Pedal

Greetings, guys and gals. Long story short, I have a T5 transmission out of a 2001 Mustang and the stiffest clutch pedal anyone has ever used. Everything clutch-related is new and my mechanic and his clutch guy are trying everything with limited results. I'm wondering if anyone else has...
  3. DaisyPusher

Fuel Pump Advice

I've never looked at the pump so I'm sure it'll be obvious once I check out but I'll be sure to take a couple pictures.
  4. DaisyPusher

Fuel Pump Advice

I turn the key to ON, it chugs for a couple seconds, then I fire it up, so before I turn it over. Like I said, there's no problems; I'm just wondering if there's a better way
  5. DaisyPusher

Fuel Pump Advice

So I'm guessing the sound is normal? It quiets down after about 2 seconds so I know it's filling up. I'm used to working with electronic pumps so it's a little new to me. I'm just wondering if I should upgrade to an electronic pump or leave it as-is.
  6. DaisyPusher

Fuel Pump Advice

Howdy, folks; I'm curious if anyone else has/has had this issue. Whenever I turn the key on my '63/2.8 the fuel pump makes a loud knocking sound for the first few seconds which leads me to believe it's a mechanical pump as opposed to an electronic pump. (I was an auto technician for a few years...
  7. DaisyPusher

Wiring Harness Recommendations

Will do. The check should hopefully be in your hands in a day or two. Thank you!
  8. DaisyPusher

Wiring Harness Recommendations

Howdy, folks! Well I bit the bullet and purchased a new wiring harness from Steve and figured since I'll have my car in the shop to solve the mystery as to why she just stopped running and won't start, I may as well ask them to install it for me. As much as I'd love to do it myself...
  9. DaisyPusher

1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II V6

I saw the post for this a couple weeks ago and I was pretty curious myself. I'd love to know more about it. Beautiful ride!
  10. DaisyPusher

Wheel Studs

That's what I was thinking, especially since I removed the hub to do it. My issue is i loosened the steering arm but didn't remove it, which in my experience shouldn't alter the alignment. I think i just didn't look at the wheels prior and now it just looks weird. Just like when someone takes...
  11. DaisyPusher

Wheel Studs

I'll probably end up getting some for the other wheels. I couldn't wait for them to be delivered as she's my daily driver at the moment.
  12. DaisyPusher

Front End Alignment Specs?

Wow that's very thorough. Hopefully things go well because it still drives beautifully but I don't want to risk anything or cause premature wear. Thank you very much!
  13. DaisyPusher

Excellent. Thank you very much! I truly appreciate it
  14. DaisyPusher

I just realized that I replied to my own question so I'm reposting as a new question. I loosened but did not remove the steering arm during the procedure and now it appears that my front left wheel is just a little bit off (or my eyes are playing tricks on me.) I've looked through all the...
  15. DaisyPusher

Wheel Studs

Thank you for your help, gentlemen. After not being able to find exact replacements I had to grind down new ones and hammer them in by hand since I don't own a press. I'm sure my neighbors loved the sound of hammering for 2 straight hours. That being said, I loosened but did not remove the...