• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by cookyn

1. C

Tonneau Cover

I'm interested! Hello there fellow sunbeam owner, Is the tonneau cover still available? If so could you send some pics? I have an original cover that looked great 2 years ago when I got it out of storage, then with a year it started deteriorating rapidly. Thanks!
  2. C

oil pump for '59 series I for sale?

Hi all, Does anyone have an oil pump for sale? Thanks!
  3. C

Tappet clearance for stock 1725 series V

Hi all, does anyone know what the clearance should be for a '67 1725 series V? Thanks so much!
  4. C

seeking new carbs: stromberg zenith 150 CD for 1725 series V

thank you all for your help i read all of your posts and after some discussion with my mechanic we decided to have a fresh set of eyes take a look at it before sending the carbs out to be rebuilt, again. really glad we did, as it turns out it was the point gaps in the distributor collapsing...
  5. C

seeking new carbs: stromberg zenith 150 CD for 1725 series V

sympathetic friends, at this point i've spent an ungodly amount of $$ rebuilding my stock alpine and the only thing that's making it unreliable is these damn carbs. my mechanic is definitely losing the battle having spent 20+ hours fighting with these things and is convinced they're cursed. i...
  6. C

Interior, Trim, Gauges

now that i've gotten the drive train in shape it's time to start tying together the interior. i have a lot of problem areas, but the most important of which is the gauges. the only gauge i trust is the temp gauge and that's only because i just replaced it. the rest of the gauges are all...
  7. C

temperature gauge for 1967 alpine V

anyone have an extra temperature gauge i can take off their hands?
  8. C

original paint color on 1967 alpine V

thank you so much!
  9. C

original paint color on 1967 alpine V

hello fellow sunbeam owners! i am having my engine rebuilt and the mechanic is wondering what color the engine was originally painted, hopefully with a code/number for the paint. thanks! Mike
  10. C

help!

thank you guys so much for your help! sunbeam specialties really is in my back yard (my folks live 5 miles away), and the owner of the shop that has my sunbeam has done work with stirtz before and loved their work, so all good recommendations. thanks again, until i have another plea for help! Mike
  11. C

help!

hey everyone! so, long story short: back in 1998 i drove one of my uncles' 1967 sunbeam alpines (at the time he had a few, not anymore). supposedly i was the last person to drive it. he has gotten on in years and a month or so ago he shipped it out to me from long island, i'm in san francisco. i...