• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by ccrunner

1. C

1960 MkII for sale

Sounds like a nice car Dave.. you said CA plates.. Maybe I missed it, but in what city/region is the car located? -ccrunner
  2. C

The tone of this forum is hurting the site..

For what it's worth.. Let me first say that I'm directing this at the small 5% of the members that I've picked up a 'vibe' from since joining the site just a short while ago.. I paste this recent thread as an example of what I'll try to explain...
  3. C

Need a few Alpine dimensions...

Agreed... it's the unknown issues that present the greatest challenges (and I find most rewarding!).. At the risk of making myself look like a narcissistic, self promoting jerk, here's a link to my current winding-down build that I've enjoyed very much...
  4. C

Thank you Bill- just what I needed.. I'm looking at a 2.0 Ecotec (turbo) engine to squeeze in there (it's bulky at an almost perfect 25" cube)... It is with much studying/reading/probing that I've come to the conclusion I'm going to have to fab in my own 'straight' frame rails to accept my...
  5. C

Hi Darksiders :D I'm seeking a few crucial measurements as I contemplate an engine swap (I don't yet have an Alpine from which to measure).. --I need to know the distance between the front frame rails at the narrowest point (plus/minus an inch is close enough) --I need to know how tall...
  6. C

Series I/II hardtop (project)

Hey guys- I'm pretty new to the forum and I am still looking for my own finned Sunbeam project.. In my research I stumbled on a listing for an early series hardtop.. I spoke to the owner (Mac), and although I logistically can't go get this top (for a car I don't yet own!), I told him I'd...
  7. C

Small goldmine

Wanted to jump back in on this.. the seller got back to me and seems like a good guy.. near as I can tell he's being pretty honest about what he's got- knowing full well they're in various forms of rough and (in)complete.. I'd love to swing down and pick these up, but taking all 3 creates...
  8. C

Small goldmine

I've reached out to the seller and have yet to hear back.. If someone here ends up with these, I may be able to help defray some of your cost if you'll part with one of the 1962 Series II cars (I need ALL of the bits to put a roller together-- I don't need the drivetrain).. thanks-...
  9. C

Sunbeam Alpine Body Panels

Hey Jeff.. before you go cutting I'd like to learn more about what you have... I'm nearby in Bakersfield, CA.. I'll try and send you a PM.. -ccrunner
  10. C

a noob question about SIII tops..

Great info guys- just what I wanted to hear :) thanks- ccrunner
  11. C

a noob question about SIII tops..

Hey guys- I've tried to find this info but have been unsuccessful.. I'm very interested in finding a Series 3, and am uncertain about the options/combos on the tops.. If I have this right, an "ST" (sports tourer) came with only a soft top... A GT came with only a steel hard top.. So...
  12. C

Looking for a Series III project...

Thanks for the welcome and the links guys.. I contacted the seller in the SoCal link, and the red "64" is gone.. As you guys know, these are very niche cars that you really have to seek out to find.. I told my wife (who's afraid I'll drag home a 'rusty car in 100 boxes') that it'll take...
  13. C

Looking for a Series III project...

Hi members- I've joined because I'm looking to join the Alpine community.. I've done a bunch of lurking and research, and I'm pretty sure I want a Series III.. I know they can be a bit tougher to find due to lower #'s, but I'm in no huge hurry- this will be a muti-year resto.. My ideal...