• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Bobs66SBA

1. B

SAOCA Registry

SAOCA Registry Thank you all Todd, Andrew, Nick and Rich for your responce`s to the question`s. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes you gotta just put it out there, I did and it worked, we have answers. Please don`t take it personal. You will have to excuse me some as I am...
  2. B

SAOCA Registry

SAOCA Registry Registry last updated dates Series 1-7/26/2010 series 2-10/23/2008 series 3-7/26/2010 series 4-7/26/2010 series 5-7/26/2010 This is kind of ridiculous don`t you think ? an active club and the registry hasn`t been updated since 2008 in the case of the series 2...
  3. B

SAOCA Registry

I have a question: When does the SAOCA Registry get updated ? The series V registry hasn`t been updated since 2010. New members such as myself add their cars and they never get added ? Just Curious.
  4. B

Rootes group engine identify ?

I apologise if I have aggrevated anyone with this post, that certainly is not my intent. I am just curious, and I have recieved some conflicting information from others, just curious thats all, no big deal. The true story on this engine in this car is kind of fuzzy and not being familier with...
  5. B

1390 or 1592 that is the question ? Usually numbers do tell the true story, however it seems that all Hillman Husky series IIIa`s imported to the USA had 1592 engines in them ? I guess the only way to really know the truth is to pull the head off and check the size of the cylinder bore and at...
  6. B

Update on the mystery engine in my 66 series V Alpine. Still not sure exactly what it is ? However I did get it started and it does run ? I didn`t run it long as the radiator is not in the car and no alternator, so no fan belt either. However I did shut it off and start it several times and it...
  7. B

help identify this engine Hi Vic Thank you for your responce. This gets more interesting all the time here, more information, more interesting. Yes the history on this particular Alpine is really vague, it is a 1966 showing 49,000+ miles on the odometer yet it hasn`t been on the road since...
  8. B

help identify this engine Now that is an interesting article, so it could be a 1592 engine instead of a 1390, I guess the mystery continues for the time being. Like I said earlier I am going to see if it will start and run, just for the fun of it. I really hate to take it apart to identify it...
  9. B

Help identifying this engine ? Hi guys sorry for the delay in responding to your posts in regards to my question on the identity of this engine. Mike is correct the dipstick goes into the oil pan, not the block. Ken asked about #s cast on the block under the manifolds, there is a number #...
  10. B

Rootes Group Engine Identity Thank you for your reply. I certainly hope that is not the case as I purchased this car from a long time friend that I trusted, I guess I will have to drop the sump to see how many main bearings there are in it, I was told that it was a five main bearing engine...
  11. B

Hi New member with an Rootes Group engine that I need to identify. I have a 1966 Sunbeam Alpine that I purchased recently, a series V (project car) that has been off the road and in a barn since 1972 with some work done that needs to be finished and put back together. The engine was rebuilt and...