• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by bing

1. B

Thinking of selling my '67

Thank you for your interest, As of now, the car is spoken for. If the circumstances change, I will let you know.
  2. B

2022 SAOCA membership support

I don't see a way to click on the Gold level for membership renewal.
  3. B

1967 Alpine V for sale $ 20,000

Thank you! I used to be 5' 11. Now I'm 5'9.
  4. B

Hi Dan, You are right about the cockpit of the Alpine. I checked the specs of the Healey 3000 and the Sunbeam. The Sunbeam is actually slightly smaller! Thank you for your comments
  5. B

Well I'm not going to put it on BaT. I guess I'll keep it until I find something else that stimulates me.
  6. B

Well, here's what happened. I was all set to go with BaT. Sent them the photos etc. But before I sell it I better make sure there's no difficulty getting in and out of a Healey 3000. I had one in the 70's. About ten years ago I had trouble getting in and out of an MGA, and that was with the top...
  7. B

Fastening the convertible top SV

At least it's tight when it's done.
  8. B

!!!:D
  9. B

I have the manual, seen the video, fortunately it's a cloth top so no shrinkage, what I didn't know was the "lower receptacle" that accommodates the toggle clasp is very slightly adjustable, much less than the toggle clasp. Thank you all for your replies.
  10. B

Done that many times.
  11. B

Well another 15 minutes and it's done. If it was raining I'd be soaked. Whoever designed this whole top set up must have been trippin in the 60's.
  12. B

I don't know why I have such difficulty fastening the toggles when I put the top up, which is only once a year due to the weather here. I have been at it for 15 minutes today and getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem?
  13. B

Hi Geoff, Nice to hear from you! Well, we'll see what happens. I hope yours will be road worthy soon. It's been too long!
  14. B

Hi Jim, nice to hear from you! Well, if it doesn't sell I'm stuck with beautiful car. I'll try another venue if club members are not interested.
  15. B

Yes, that's mentioned in the description.