• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bill Blue's latest activity

• B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Hardtop color?.
    Speaking of preference, I prefer cream, that is a bit on the light side. A sort of a goes good with most any color the car might be...
  • B
    History says you are dealing with a delicate mechanism, utmost care is not misdirected. Especially when shifting OUT of overdrive. Bill
  • B
    All of the above seems to be true. The really good news is that it does not appear to be a collection of rust. Bill
  • B
    Yes, that would practically eliminate most of the really good creations. My car, with brake system parts from six different cars plus...
  • B
    Often the engine (block, heads, intake manifold) all fit. It is the stuff you have to bot on that creates the problem. Stuff like...
  • B
    Maybe you should make it 21. Made our hotel reservation yesterday. Lot's going on here - don't know which car we'll be bringing or...
  • B
    Bill Blue reacted to puff4's post in the thread There's no accounting for ______. with Like Like.
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Triumph TR6 Brake calipers.
    Any insight as to the extent of the rotor/caliper fit up? There is plenty of meat in the hub to set the rotor outward at least 3/8"...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Front caliper issue.
    Yes. Whatever is preventing the piston from retracting will prevent it from retracting when everything is buttoned up and on the road. Bill
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Brakes long pedal.
    I failed to identify the problem piston. It is in the master cylinder, not the caliper. Bill
  • B
    Jay, the brakes are plumbed so that front brakes are on the same circuit, rear brakes on a separate circuit. So unequal pressure would...
  • B
    Bill Blue replied to the thread Transmission R&R.
    It is one of a half dozen license plate lights that I bought to use as interior lights. I had forgotten about this light. After a year...
  • B
    After posting these pictures, I think the first one was taking when I was using the bent shifter rod. I kept the bend under the tunnel...
  • B
    The M5R1 for a 4.0 Ranger bolts onto the 2.8 engine, with one "do nothing" bolt hole left unused. The M5R1 does not use a separate...
    • img_0362.jpg
    • IMG_0892.JPG
    • IMG_0893.JPG
  • B
    Jay, I had a similar problem, only with the rear brakes. All it takes is one piston to not fully retract, therefore blocking fluid...