• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by barringtonderby

1. barringtonderby

Harrington LM project

HLM project I went for a look last Sunday and met a guy called Al who deals in Americana and knows his stuff The car is terrible - would like fall apart if you tried to move it The donor car is not great - floor pans look rusty and no doubt all the usual Stuff will need doing plus it's...
  2. barringtonderby

Harrington LM project

HLM Resto Hi The car is close to me so I am popping over Sunday for a look and will provide a full *match report* Andrew
  3. barringtonderby

Cantilever Update

Oliver Where are you based? Andrew
  4. barringtonderby

Who's car is this?

Do we know what that colour
  5. barringtonderby

Who's car is this?

Hi I see pictures of this beautiful car all over the place - do we know who this car belongs to or any other details? Were the chrome air ducts Harrington fitted or after market? Thanks in advance Andrew
  6. barringtonderby

HLM steering wheels

Check out the before and after pics Bought this wheel from Mr Spencer for my HLM project car You can see the 'as received' pics... Found a great guy called Paul Banham here in the UK who goes by the company name Myrtle - Paul can be contacted on myrtleprod@aol.com A couple of things...
  7. barringtonderby

1963 Harrington Lemans -time to do something

OK got it - sorry about the confusion trying to read the threads.... So there is a guy over your side of the pond who makes things like this who is a member of the SAOCA called Andrew Masse He needs a sample to come up with some numbers Seems like a few guys in this group need the same...
  8. barringtonderby

Trim John You indicate you have some trim which you don't want to use because you think it spoils the look - did I read that right? I have a full set minus the rear quarter finishers - do you have any spare rear quarters I could buy or which we could borrow to have some made? Thanks...
  9. barringtonderby

So who do we know who has the trim and might be persuaded to lend Andrew a sample while it's quiet over the winter and classic cars are hibernating???
  10. barringtonderby

HLM steering wheels

HLM wheel Hi John I bought the wheel from Ian Spencer Its the one which is signed by Sterling Moss which I have seen in a few HLM's over the years I have just sent it off to a guy who reckons he will turn it around inside of a week Sounds too good to be true but if he is good to...
  11. barringtonderby

Side trim I have made contact with a guy in the SAOCA who says he may be able to make them if he can get his hands on a sample I bought a set from Ian Spencer minus the rear quarter finishers The guy I have had a chat with is Andrew Masse who's email is drafting@hurontel.on.ca - he has a...
  12. barringtonderby

The Dukes Car

Hi I thought I'd start a new thread being new to the group and excited about a restoration I am about to commence I have bought (almost) an early HLM - it's on the register but hasn't seen the light of day for 29 years when it was stripped by it's owner after which a restoration was...
  13. barringtonderby

The Dukes Car

Hi I thought I'd start a new thread being new to the group and excited about a restoration I am about to commence I have bought (almost) an early HLM - it's on the register but hasn't seen the light of day for 29 years when it was stripped by it's owner after which a restoration was...
  14. barringtonderby

HLM steering wheels

What Colour stain on a wheel and what varnish Hello Hoping the collective can help Have obtained a wheel now and am busy restoring it What colour stain is correct or would you recommend and what type of varnish? I was going to gently remove the current stain by using some gentle grain...
  15. barringtonderby

Glenn Cool - I am in Maidenhead so must be close by Andrew