• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What do ya think of this Tiger?

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
First would have to be the Harrington Alpines and then I would think the Series I is more rare than the Series IV.

What spreedsheet are you looking at?

Harrington Alpines are not 'Series' Alpines, yes, no?

Most people appear to think Series 3 is the rarest "series" Alpine because it had the fewest made, but Series I is a good guess as it maybe goes to the key issue: how many cars survive to this day...

But Series I is not correct <s>.

I downloaded the register and sorted it by Series, then did counts and compared them to production data, to figure out rarity.

Such a sort and count assumes the register approximates a probability sample which may or may not be true.

Somewhere in the bowels of the search engines's algorithm is the posting of this startling tidbit- I doubt I can find that dataset today.

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

dude234,
laugh all you want but the next time you're in dayton stop by the club house and take a look at the series 3 that is getting cut up. that's the reason my wife bought the body. it was once owned by a member of this club. it's bolted in the rack at the present time. some parts have already been cut off. all the interior GT specific brackets for the doors along with some other brackets are in a box in the car since we are using the doors. we also will be removing the other GT brackets. we'll use a lot of this car to restore my series 4. the only repair panel we had to buy was the lower right front fender since the series 3 fender was really beat up from a previous hit and isn't worth using. i will have some interesting parts for sale someday.
my wife will not let me cut up either harrington since we like them as they are. converting a mk2 back to an alpine is an ongoing joke started at daytona a couple years ago when a tiger owner told me the guy that restored our series 5 body would only work on tigers. i told him that's why we converted the mk 2 back to an alpine. it's been fun ever since!! but keep in mind that i am the type of person that would cut up a tiger for parts if needed.