1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Want to buy- 1960-1963 Alpine with Hardtop (Series 1 or 2)

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by RobinRob, May 14, 2021.

1. husky drvr

husky drvr Platinum Level Sponsor

Robin,

You might contact racerguy99 about the sII he has posted in the "For Sale" section. I'm not sure if it is still available but might be worth a try.

Have fun,

2. 260Alpine

260Alpine Silver Level Sponsor

3. 260Alpine

260Alpine Silver Level Sponsor

4. RobinRob

RobinRob Bronze Level Sponsor

Thanks Jim! I will check those out.
    ~Robin

5. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Lots of odd things on that car. ... The way the sills are repaired. And some other things would make me think if it is solid.. The panels may not be the best repro parts....

Would really need to see in person

6. Alpine Addict

Alpine Addict Platinum Donor Platinum Level Sponsor

The rocker panels and rear wheel arches have filler or poor repairs?

7. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

Those rockers look like JC Whitney rockers. completely straight across the bottoms.

8. RobinRob

9. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

I would suggest it could be quite and extensive amount of work to get this car right... From the bodywork shown there are some less than perfect replacement panels.. Which begs a lot of question about the things not shown... And odd placement of things like the fusebox are just more red flags to me of someone just making do and modofying things as they go

10. Mikeflbmer

Mikeflbmer Bronze Level Sponsor

Robin, I have a series 2 (titled in 63) unfinished project I would sell for $12k all hard work done...it was a barn find...all metal work done, very solid body, fresh paint ( british racing green) and Lots and Lots of new repro parts (too many to list here) but car needs to be put together.......Contact me for more details, list of parts and pictures....stock drive train , head refurbished but short block not....Mike Schreiner. Jupiter , Florida mikeflbmer@yahoo.com bumpers re-chromed, seats redone..new dash pad..new top, new carpet,new boot cover...door panels... new MC slave cyl, new starter,....new tires (wire wheels) ect ect ect it is all there

Attached Files:

11. RobinRob

Thanks- yes I concur and did not bid on that car.

12. RobinRob

Wow! Very interesting! Your series 2 sounds like a hearty project for sure. I love the idea, but since my husband is the chief mechanic and I am the newbie apprentice, I better check with him to see how he feels about a big project car like yours.

13. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Platinum Level Sponsor

Great deal. It is very easy to get that amount of money into a painted shell. That makes the parts almost free.
    Bill

14. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Diamond Level Sponsor

Keep looking the BRG car that has had all of the body and paint work done sounds good. The rule of thumb that I used is buy the best one that you can afford to buy and repair/ restore!

15. Mikeflbmer

Yes....losing money at that price.......more than that was spent before the paint
    the guy added fuses to the system and made a panel there to house them.....These cars come with only two fuses for the whole car......so it is wise to add more fuses to the system and for any accessories added like radio, fog lamps ect......The original two fuses is asking for trouble....I was driving my tiger at night in miami years ago when smoke came pouring out under the dash as a short somewhere melted wire.....I pulled over and disconected the battery to make it stop

16. Mikeflbmer

the guy added fuses to the system and made a panel there to house them.....These cars come with only two fuses for the whole car......so it is wise to add more fuses to the system and for any accessories added like radio, fog lamps ect......The original two fuses is asking for trouble....I was driving my tiger at night in miami years ago when smoke came pouring out under the dash as a short somewhere melted wire.....I pulled over and disconected the battery to make it stop

17. Mikeflbmer

Did you see this one on ebay....Looks like a deal to me....Grab it...rust free and good price 1960 Sunbeam Alpine Rust Free With Hardtop Needs Work Project | eBay

18. Toyanvil

Toyanvil Gold Level Sponsor

This looks like rust and it looks like someone tried to repair it. You should not see the vertical seam.
    [​IMG]

19. RobinRob

Hmmm - rust never rests, right?

20. Toyanvil

Toyanvil Gold Level Sponsor