• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'62 Series II Alpine 2.8 V6 Automatic Restomod For Sale

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

Up for sale is my ’62 Custom Restomod Alpine Series II 2.8 V6 Automatic. I just acquired a Tiger in need of lots of work so I must sacrifice my pride & joy in order to afford to work on the Tiger. The Alpine had pretty much everything completed by the PO. I finished the transformation with all the detail work. Most of the build information I have is from the guy I bought the car from, who took 10+ years to complete most of the work.

The V6 engine and the C-4 automatic are from a 1975 Ford Mustang II and the rear end is an 8” Ford. The car runs and drives beautifully on 4 brand new MILESTAR 185/80R/13 tires with a brand new one in the trunk too. During the restoration the original battery compartment was removed to accommodate the exhaust and the battery was moved to the trunk.

The interior has been completely redone including a custom mahogany dash, all new VDO instrumentation, new custom door panels, new custom seats, and new rear panel covers. The cockpit is topped off with a newly restored OEM hardtop that has a new headliner, new, correct, rear window seal and a new window from the Aircraft Windshield Co. with the OEM stainless trim fitted as well. The car also comes with a new soft top that includes the ultra-rare cantrails and a used tonneau cover. The Lift-the-Dots for the tonneau cover have not been installed on the car but that’s an easy task.

The front and rear brakes have all been rebuilt so it stops like it should. There are no rattles, squeaks or strange noises coming from the car while on the road and cruising at 70 is just as exhilarating as it should be. I would not hesitate to drive this car any distance.

Please look at the pictures (I have lots more) 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (2).JPG 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (4).JPG 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (18).JPG 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (23).JPG 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (45).JPG 1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Restomod (48).JPG and if you want shots of a specific part of the car, let me know. I don’t have access to a lift right now or I would have included pictures of the underside. Any questions you have can be sent to me at guestiesgarage@gmail.com or you can call me at 903-539-9155. The car resides in McKinney, TX in the DFW area. Asking $25,000.

Rick