• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Badges - Time to place your orders!

Which V6 badge do you want to order?

• Total voters

Ed109

Donation Time
Hi all.

Swapped mails with Rick regarding artwork recently and am happy to supply him as per ref I've posted here if buyers are happy.

As the 'Inner V6' sub-debate rages on I thought I'd better chuck in a mock-up of that too...

V6BRG.jpg

Is this the sort of thing people are after? Comments, guidance and reference welcome - though I think I'm still in the 'Standard V6' camp myself.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ed, I think the first one nailed it! What's the time frame to get them made up?
Cheers!
Steve

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I received my badges from Rick yesterday and am very happy with them. I know I have been Rick's salesman here, but I had no financial interest in the project and was just trying to help out the Dark Siders. My observations now that I have seem them:
  • The quality of workmanship is excellent. They fit perfectly in the stock chrome surrounds.
  • Rick ships them with the paper covering still on the front side of the Plexiglas. That is especially nice for someone like me, as it will be quite a while before I am ready to install my badges.
  • The lettering that is intended to match the stock badges is very good. I know these aren't reproduction badges, but they will look like they belong to most any observers.
  • I like the way the inside V6 badge turned out. I wasn't originally a fan of this design, but think it will look very sharp on the car.
  • On the negative side, the engraving of the letters is not nearly as deep as the originals. As a result, I suspect they won't have the depth of the stock badges when the lettering is painted.
  • One thing I noticed that may need some attention is that the stock badges are slightly routed out where the retaining clips will hit the plastic. (The chrome retainer is similarly routed.) I suspect this will require a little attention with a Dremel, but won't know for sure until try to install it.

I am anxious to find a good solution for the chrome painting of the V6 lettering. Painting them body color is a nice option for those with light colored cars, but I am planning on painting my V6 a dark blue, so that won't be an option for me. Rick was nice enough to send me a couple of his early rejects. I am going to drop by the hobby store and try a couple of different types of chrome paint. I'll post back any results.

All in all, I am extremely pleased. I think these represent a heck of a value for $36/set and want to thank Rick for doing these for the club. And, he has added another 'stock' option to the mix: a Rootes \6/ version that is shown below, along with the original 3.

fourv6sunbeambadges.jpg

Once this original SAOCA group is sold, Rick told me that he intends to list the remainders on eBay, at $49.95 a set.

AlpineII

Donation Time
My V6 badges came in yesterday and I have to echoe Jim's comments. Great work and I am really looking forward to havign them on a finished project.:D

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I also got mine and am really pleased! Rick is such a pleasure to work with.
These are really going to make the car!
Thanks again Rick!
Cheers!
Steve

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
V6 Badges

Thanks to all who ordered the V6 Badges from me. Thank you too for the many positive comments on the badges. I appreciate everyone's input in coming to a consensus on designs, and particularly Jim Stone for being involved every step of the way. I look forward to actually seeing the badges mounted on your car! Send me a picture when you can to tylerite3124@gmail.com. I will keep a supply on hand specially priced for SAOCA members so if you know anyone that needs a set, send them to me!

Rick Guest (tylerite3124)

TomKidd

Donation Time
Just received my badges, Rick. Mail is little slower up here in the great white north. In a word, FANTASTIC!! Great job, Rick.
Thanks