• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tool Locations

Tullamore

Donation Time
Could someone post a picture of the correct placement of all the tools in the trunk of a Series IV and a Series V if they are different.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I don't have a photo but, the jack and the handcrank go behind the top of the spare tire in the clips that should be there. The tool roll gos on the l/h side of the spare at the bottom corner secured with a strap on the back wall of the trunk.

Tullamore

Donation Time
That takes care of a couple clips but there is still at least the hammer for while wheels and lug wrench which I think came on all cars because the bolt to hold the wire wheels to the trunk uses it. Looks like there is room for something else on the right side also.

John Boggis

Donation Time
Could someone post a picture of the correct placement of all the tools in the trunk of a Series IV and a Series V if they are different.

Steve,
If you click on my web site below marked red...then click on gallery...then click on interior, you will find the last picture on the page is the trunk photo of my series 1V.

Tullamore

Donation Time
Thanks John! Your car looks amazing. The only thing you are missing is the hammer, does that go on the left side in the clip next to the tool bag?

John Boggis

Donation Time
John Your wheel wrench is upsidedown!!! Thats almost the orientation for the Series V.

The wheel wrench is the correct way up....I have the original sales leaflet that came with the car and the colour picture shows the wrench in the same position as my car.

I did spot something that was incorrect in my trunk/boot though....Can you spot it ??

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't knnow about GTs but on my roadster there is a cover sheet that clips to the top of the bulkhead behind the spare.

Tom

65beam

Donation Time
john,
another thing i noticed is that your jack handle sets at roughly a 45 degree angle. it should set at a 90 degree angle so your brackets need rotated.

John Boggis

Donation Time
I was thinking that was the issue.. but i think S3 and SIV had a trim ring on the spare but no hubcap...

is it the boot latch finish?

Michael, you are correct...the series 1V had the trim ring fitted on the spare but no hubcap. And no, It's not the latch finish... :rolleyes:

John Boggis

Donation Time
john,
another thing i noticed is that your jack handle sets at roughly a 45 degree angle. it should set at a 90 degree angle so your brackets need rotated.

Bill, I'll give you that one...the jack does want tunrning a bit on it's clips so the jack head is upright. But that's not it...

alpine_64

Donation Time
John,

as i cant zoom in on the photo.. is it something we can see..

i cant read the date code on the wheel.. but assume its original to the car..

i assume the mat in the boot is the correct rubber one...

i assume the boot side covers are the correct covered board...

c'mon.. spill it.. i promise not to tell the concourse judges. its just between you me and the internet! :D

John Boggis

Donation Time
John,

as i cant zoom in on the photo.. is it something we can see..

i cant read the date code on the wheel.. but assume its original to the car..

i assume the mat in the boot is the correct rubber one...

i assume the boot side covers are the correct covered board...

c'mon.. spill it.. i promise not to tell the concourse judges. its just between you me and the internet! :D

OK Michael, as long as you don't tell anyone else.;)

It's the two side rubber grommets ! they should be tin like the trunk floor ones and painted in the cars body color.

Rootes 66

Donation Time
John
Quote "The wheel wrench is the correct way up....I have the original sales leaflet that came with the car and the colour picture shows the wrench in the same position as my car."
Are you saying the handbook is incorrect?

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK Michael, as long as you don't tell anyone else.;)

It's the two side rubber grommets ! they should be tin like the trunk floor ones and painted in the cars body color.

Thanks John,

I would not have known that.. i thought they were rubber.. you have provided me another detail to hastle a friend over.. guess we will have to find some pictures so he can have some made

John Boggis

Donation Time
John
Quote "The wheel wrench is the correct way up....I have the original sales leaflet that came with the car and the colour picture shows the wrench in the same position as my car."
Are you saying the handbook is incorrect?

The wheel wrench does fit both ways... all I have done is clip it in the same position as in the picture.

Are you saying the Rootes brochure is incorrect ?

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
This is all great information for Series 3GT, Series IV, now I should be able to get the trunk of our 3GT and IV ST fixed up. Now something that has not been addressed, so far as I can see, what is the correct location for the tool bag, jack, jack handle, crank, lug wrench and knock-off hammer for the Series I and II? :confused: