• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tallest Tire possible on 15" wheels

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am running 15x6, 185/55/15 on front. 15x7, 205/50/15 on back, offset is 25 front and 20 rear on a cut down Mazda RX7 rear axle on my lowered series 2 and they JUST fit without hitting and yes my rear fenders are rolled and the valence trimmed, both front and rear are 24" tall. I am not sure a larger tire will fit without hitting. P.S I have 4.07 and a 5speed with a .8 ratio behind a Mazda Miata motor and it cruises 70mph at 3400rpm with a 7500rpm redline.
IMG_4028-X2.jpg

IMG_3720-X2.jpg
Did you narrow the rear or keep the stock Sumbeam dimensions?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
SPending $2000 for a Dana third member to have the 2.8L lope easily at modern FWY speeds is out of the budget for my Alpine. Anyone running larger tires than the
195.55.15 which are 23.5" tall. I have found 205.60.15 that are 1.5 inches taller. The issue is will they clear on the rear. And will that 1.5 inches taller make any significant difference in the cruising speed? ( math was my worst subject)
Does your car have an overdrive transmission?

Rockonp04

Donation Time
What I did.