• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

T5: 3rd Gear

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Mike,
Your new shifter looks just like the one in my V6 Alpine with T5.

A tip not mentioned in the instructions is to put Threadlock on the 4 screws that secure the middle section. I did not and while driving, the top section came loose and I had to shift with the stem that goes into the transmission. :mad:

Though not difficult to shift, it was distracting until I found a place to pull over and reconnect the thing. The screws have not loosened since I put Threadlock on them. :eek:

CRS
Oh yes Threadlock
How's this we had the 29 out for a good rare drive,. Coming home turned into,the driveway and went to,downshift to,first and then I had the floor shifter in my hand.had to pull the car into the driveway.