• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Here's where I am with the rear bumper so far. Still have some final adjusments and polishing to do. What do you think about the provision for the License Plate?Rear Bumper.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It has been cold and wet lately so not much time to polish out the bumper. Still working on it when I can. Brrrrrr

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am sorting out spring options for the suspension tuning and will come up with a set of wheels that will replicate Minilites™ or Rota™ wheels. I already contacted both companies and they can not make wheels for me with the offset that I want.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am going to give these wheels a shot to see how they look on the car and also how much room I have to get them made wider to fit the most amount of rubber underneath this beast. They seem the be the closest thing I can find that looks similar to the Minilites™ and Rota™ wheels.Wheels.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The front bumper is taking longer than I would like and I almost did a recess for a front plate. Then I remembered how much I hate front license plates so got that idea out of my head and went back to it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I hope all my brother car enthusiasts on this wonderful forum are staying safe and doing well. Wishing all of you a safe and warm holiday season when we need each other more than we have realized.
Still making progress on the car with some slight modifications and touch ups. My garage is tiny and cold so work on things is more off than on.
Peace

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
A few of my Mopar friends were not aware of Chrysler's involvement with Rootes. I found this article more than interesting.Chrysler Tiger.JPG

Last edited:

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I have been spending way too much time trying to fix the front bumper thanks to......
Custom Metal Manufacturing Co
Idiots cut the piece with the wrong contour and I just could not make it work so I had to bite the bullet and order another bumper from https://groupharrington.com/
In the meantime work is being done to get the car closer to paint, drivers fender is first. Cold mornings means a late start and quit early till we get some warmer weather. I envy those who have LARGE HEATED workspace for their cars.
LOL
Happy New Year

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Drivers front fender is done and has the first coat of paint, moving on to the front of the car. Good thing we are having a mild winter, hit 74 the other day. Gave me a chance to clean my work area and do maintenance on some of the other vehicles in my corral. Also had to do a smog for the first time on my 2013 Genesis Coupe. The shop could not believe that I only had just over 6K miles on it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
New bumpers arrived today. My friend had toom much time on his hands so he is trying to save the old set to make a front one longer. These will be a backup if he can't do it. They came with new overriders and hardware. Very fast shipping!