• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
My local chrome shop did both bumpers for about $800 just a year or so ago…they did a large batch of parts for me so maybe I got a “cheaper by the dozen” rate but the price for the bumpers was in line with what DanR experienced.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
My local chrome shop did both bumpers for about $800 just a year or so ago…they did a large batch of parts for me so maybe I got a “cheaper by the dozen” rate but the price for the bumpers was in line with what DanR experienced.
I paid about the same about a year ago. I used AIH coating in Dubuque Iowa. I did get the rate that the paint shop that painted my car gets.

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Can anybody tell me the difference between the front and rear brackets. My front bumper never has sit correct, in my mind, looking at rear
compared to the front.
School me

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
How many years ago was that? I had two original bumpers re-chromed in 2021 in Cincinnati and they were $1,000 each.
Jan
Hi Jan:
I use a re-chromer hidden away in rural Texas. They did both bumpers for $500. in 2022. I haven't checked lately, but their quotes were always 50% or more less expensive than the Dallas (big city) guys. They are less than 60 miles from me so shipping is not an issue. I have shipped a pair of bumpers UPS to PA from Texas for less than $100.
Rick