1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by belmateo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. belmateo

belmateo Bronze Level Sponsor

I am looking to buy a stainless steel bumper in any condition, let me know whatcha got and pics please.
    Thanks
    belmateo

2. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

All the bumpers should be the same, just brackets ( front and back) and overriders (sI-3 and IV-V) change.

If you are looking for the Vietnamese made harrington staimless repro bumpers the factory overriders do not fit them apparently

3. belmateo

Yes I am looking for a Harrington bumper in any condition, thanks for the info.

4. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Gold Level Sponsor

Those SS bumpers are junk! They are made out of very, very thin sheetmetal. So thin, you can twist them with your hand.
    Jan

puff4 likes this.
  5. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

You can really believe the post you received about the "stainless steel bumpers" They are near absolute worthlessness...

6. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

Dan,
    FYI, there are a couple cars in the Dayton area that have them installed. The shop that installed them tweaked them and they look and fit really good. Current production appears to be better made.

7. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

If so, That would be an improvement.

8. belmateo

Freindly reminder guys, I am looking to BUY a BUMPER, appreciate all the opinions. Really not interested about how you feel towards them. If you have one you want to sell. PM me or post, otherwise let's do something more productive.
    THANK YOU

Alpine 1789 likes this.