• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radio Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

Is this the one you were talking about?

Sunbeam Alpine Radio Dash Plate: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunb...004QQitemZ140296089803QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

7218_1.JPG

7849_1.JPG

Kevin,
No, I did see this one also. What I saw looked like a ribbed aluminum plate that would possibly fit on the front of this one. I looked for it on eBay again and it is not there.
Lee

T

Tigger

Time to hit the Hornet's Nest

Lee

I wish you were more accurate in your memory of the floor panel saga. You first contacted me almost fifteen years ago requesting one of my FREE (to you, not to me) catalogues with the need specifically for Series 2 rear Floors.
At that time I had no requests nor a visual of the originals to duplicate from.
Years went by and you kept in touch with your needs and I informed you of other requests and a small interest in the market. Without a car in shop, and LOTS of hours invested,I managed to re-produce SEVERAL rear floors for the model and sold them to many different owners.
Never giving up on your Free information, you contacted me several times, with the latest about three years ago. At that Time I informed you that I had indeed fabricated a pair of floors and did have a set ready to send to you. You then informed me that you also wanted the two fronts. I did have a front passenger Alpine floor neatly trimmed and hemmed and proceeded to drop them off at my Shipper for forwarding. I informed you that when more orders come in for the front driver's I would tool up to finish an order.
After knowing they were at the shipper, packaged with your name on them, you informed me that you would wait untill the front Driver's was available. You had spent NO MONEY and could not get off the Fence, No ability to stand tall for Quality Hand-Made parts. The series 2 floors sat at the shipper for 3 months, No Show for Dough.
Lee, you are definitely one candidate for the "Little Penis Syndrome" that Oh so many Alpine owners have. You are the famous one!!! it is your LACK OF INTEGRITY that has ruined it for others, many others. Nice of you to add a comment about my quality, but you don't have the knowledge to make that statement, as you never bought anything from me.. What a waste of time you materialised into. Back to work for the Real Man.
Kevin: You received parts because your email was polite and you knew Tiger Tom from P.A.
For those of you interested in re-producing parts for Sunbeams, consider this true story i heard from a restorer in Dayton Ohio: There was a (Well Known) factory Rootes dealership in Dayton Ohio in the 1960's that would refuse, turn away customers with series 1,2 Alpines when they showed up at his door, place of business. Anybody want to geuss why? Not the colour of their skin, and they already owned Sunbeams,,,, geuss anybody? They were too cheap, cheap,cheap,cheap to deal with. Ironic that 40 years later, little has changed. (That's an Honest Whack at The Hornet's Nest:p)
For those that think they know but don't, here goes:
Rob Martel is a Tool Designer and Developer in the New Car market who happens to own several Sunbeam Tigers. Rather than put inferior panels on his car, he fabricated his own from scratch. His panels are internationally acclaimed by top restorers with his panels on many show winning Tigers across North America, including Historic Race cars at Monterey historic races.
Foolishly, I Invested $everal Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars ?00,000.00 of my own money to reproduce correct panels for the Marque. Something I has deep regrets about. As my website states"We are very BUSY"
Fortunately, Rob remains employed in an Industry of Innovations for which his Engineering clients keep him intellectually stimulated. One of My Engineering customers coined the phrase for my venture "robmartel, For those who know the Difference"."
As for the Radio assemblies I have fabricated, they were re-developed for some of my Mark 2 Tiger owners. Originally, a client did not want to modify his steel opening for his Radio Console to accomodate a C.D player. At the Time I was working on a Porsche GT2 program and found it an interesting challenge to apply my Composite Materials experience.
Nope, never sold one to NY state.

Rob martel
a.k.a. TIGGER
www.robmartel.com
www.robmartel.shutterfly.com

P.S: I do prefer being properly judged by those that can walk a mile in my shoes. It is rather humourous to be judged by many who could not tie my shoes let alone fill them and walk in them.:cool:

Do not tell Rob it is for a SII. Someone with a SII did something to him, and he will not make anything for a SII. I have tried several times to have him make floor panels for mine. Another hint: if he answers the phone or e-mail as "Tigger", he is the nicest person you have ever met. Everytime he used "Rob" I could not seem to communicate with him. I do agree everything he makes is the best.
Lee

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

Tigger, Rob, and Everyone,

I joined this club in 2006. It was on this forum I heard about Rob Martel. The FIRST communication I have EVER had was after that time. I have no idea who you have me confused with. I do not have and never have had a catalog from you FREE or otherwise. I saw panels that I was told were made by Rob at the Chateau Elan car show in Georgia (already in a car) . In my opinion they were of top quality. I met quite a few members there, and I don't remember whose car it was. I have had business dealings with other members, all of the Sunbeam suppliers and with the Sunbeam Alpine Onwers Club in the UK. I have never had a problem or a complaint.

I hope you find out who you have me confused with. I hold no grudge about your mistake. BUT I will continue to tell the exact truth about what I have experienced.

Henry Lee DeRamus, Hammond, Louisiana, USA

66Tiger

Donation Time
It’s funny, but everytime I see a Rob Martel post I think of this…

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

...the heavens parted and the light shone down.​

If you have to go around telling people how cool you are…then you probably really aren’t all that cool.

Paul

T

Tigger

Paul

I see what you mean, I am very tired of seeing my name on this site also, being Slandered by people who should just spend time working on their own projects, including yourself. Did you ever finnish your MK2 headlight surrounds, doubtful as so many never do. Concentrate on your own success, don't worry about mine. I will definitely say that I regret this venture, defensive to the MAX. I have way too many scars in my back from this community. Sorry for the rejections. "Hell Have no Fury like an alpine owner rejected ':confused:
Now, I AM going to BRAG !! Paul, what was your college G.P.A ? Mine was a 4.0, (English was NOT my major:eek:) Did you graduate top of class with Honours in High School? Or did you graduate top academic student in Elementary School at the young age of 12? I did it all and I reserve the right to protect my name. . Call me GOD if you wish. Engineers call me often. Paul, are you working hard and not getting any LimeLight?? I hired a grade nine highschool student to do the same work. Yours is Okay, keep plugging away Fellah. Meanwhile delete the posts of me, too simple.
I had a one on one with Mr. Doanne Spencer back in 1994 in Wisconsin. Not knowing how much of a legend he was, he approached me as a fellow tradesman for some shop talk,tire kicking. Doanne tried to steer me away from this community ( Actually, he told me to run don't walk away from the Alpines). As I Quote from a man who has built one of SoCal's nicest '32 Deuce roadsters and a very smooth 56 T-Bird And I quote with pleasure "Sunbeam owners Don't know S*^T from Sweet Honey " Several years back I asked to have my advertising removed from this site as I was tired of the irritating, ignorant emails and phonecalls I was receiving. Having an Alpine owner three sheets to the wind asking me why my prices were so high is oh so memorable:). Instead of working on their own Sunbeam he spent all day drinking which still could not give him the answer, So he had the liquid courage to call my free phone help-line.. I definitely understood that what Doanne Spencer warned me about.

Lee: You got a catalogue from me back in the mid 1990's when I was giving away my money through the TE/AE, for which you have been a member of for a very long time. You have also had you car for a very long time, long before you hid behind this web forum in 2006. I'll let you lie, it is very common here.Maybe there is another series 2 alpine owner in Louisiana that repeatedly emails me for the same floors.
Last month I sold a complete set of lower body panels to a client with a series 2 Alpine. Both sides front to back. Bought the panels the day after my reply, they were in stock and in the mail within a week. DO NOT speak on-line over something you know nothing about! That individual was more professional than the the rest of the pack.
Rick Barker: It was great to hear that silence on the phone a few years back when I informed you that "I had NO IDEA when I would be able to tool up and produce some front driver's floors " BECAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH WORK ON MY PLATE :. You were doubfounded speachless. You kept proding for a timetable, you could not understand the concept of a busy manufacturing environment.:confused: I definitely gave you NO timetable but only the option of calling whenever my real work slowed down. You proceded to twist the truth and take some Jabs at me on this forum. I also informed you that the prices had changed dramatically, Thanks for taking the time to come on-line with that recommendation for me. You were that special one that convinced me to turn off my phone for the public! I paid for that Long distance phone call to the desert from the Tundra and educated you to the T on all of the floor panel differences, between the cars and their details. A hand-out of knowledge/experience was another big mistake. Burnt me. The truth was not what you wanted to hear. Rick it is soothing to hear you make a living driving a bus and your son is in the cracker factory. I understand why you have no work. For those of you with such a fascination with me, move on with your own Sunbeams.

Maybe I will start a New Post and OFFICIALLY declare AGAIN, that Rob Martel is NOT in the Alpine Reproduction Panel business.

Rob Martel
a.k.a Tigger

www.robmartel.com
www.robmartel.shutterfly.com

QUOTE=66Tiger;64128]It’s funny, but everytime I see a Rob Martel post I think of this…

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Gents,
Not to pontificate here because its non of my business. In my humble opinion the type of vehicle you happen to be engaged with has no reflection on your mechanical aptitude or your financial status. Certainly not character.

Personally I have rebuilt Camaras and Chevelles for over 25 years. This is my first Alpine. I give this car the same precise effort I did any of those cars. Cost is only an issue with these cars when evaluating ROI.

I have a very successful product development consulting company here in CA. I design and engineer products for large companies all over the world. I can say unequivocally that the people in this forum have very personal, generous, and quite knowledgeable. I cant thank them enough. The quality of my car is partially a reflection there help.

My name is Jim, and I graduated top in my class! ;)
Cheers

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dear Mr. Martel - I knew, if given enough time, you'd eventually blow a gasket and show your true colors. Thank you for your declaration, and going forward, we will consider you officially out of the Alpine reproduction panel business.

You are also officially banned from this forum.

Cheers.

Rick it is soothing to hear you make a living driving a bus and your son is in the cracker factory. I understand why you have no work. For those of you with such a fascination with me, move on with your own Sunbeams.

Maybe I will start a New Post and OFFICIALLY declare AGAIN, that Rob Martel is NOT in the Alpine Reproduction Panel business.

Rob Martel
a.k.a Tigger

Status
Not open for further replies.