• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race car in the making

atallamcs

Donation Time
After nearly two years, my Alpine race car is about to be completed and fired up. I held up the progress due to funds but thanks to a friend of mine, Everett, he has been most patient, he is working to bring this car to life as his shop did all the work. If you are restoring an Alpine, Tiger or building a race car of any Marque, let me direct you to Everett as he does the best work and is well known for his restorations. He did my Tiger GT, Yellow Alpine, Harrington Alpine and now this car.

It will be on the track this spring and is the primary subject of a book titled. How To Build A Vintage Sports Race Car. More on that later. Here are some pictures:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/549351959eDGMeT

Bill Atalla

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Race Car

I have to confirm what Bill said about Everett. Great guy and his shop's work is wonderful. I saw Bill's car once or twice while I was in Reno and can't believe I missed a few things I saw in the pictures.

Bill:
1-What make are the wheels?
2-Who built the toneau plate and the rear valance?

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Hey Nick,
All the work was done by Everett's shop--tonneau (pretty tricky--hides the battery and electrical guts for the car as well as the fire system). The wheels are three piece panasports, custom ordered and painted to match the car--they are for racing only.
Bill

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

I have probably said this a number of times before, but the detail in your cars is nothing short of outstanding. I could look at your cars for hours. Great to hear that it is close to completion. Pass on my complements to Everett on some amazing work.

Kind Regards, Robin.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Hey Nick,
All the work was done by Everett's shop--tonneau (pretty tricky--hides the battery and electrical guts for the car as well as the fire system). The wheels are three piece panasports, custom ordered and painted to match the car--they are for racing only.
Bill

Thanks. I started another string asking about the covers from a SIV to do basically the same thing. Cover that area. Now I have the answer. That will work just fine.

:rolleyes:Yup... I shoulda figured the wheels woulda ben special ordered....Duh!:rolleyes:

Have you seen the Healey he's working on?

atallamcs

Donation Time
Race Car

Hi Nick,
The Healy is amazing, love the color--got to be one of a kind in terms of detail, concours for sure.
Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Sorry no specific name. I had it blended to match a Starbuck coffee mug. I had a color all picked out then someone gave me this mug and I knew then, that was the color.
Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Bill's car's color and mine are real close. I think his is a little darker. I recently got mine scaned and have the Dupont formula. Mine came form an Infiniti coupe, apparently.

Attachments

• mini bo (2).JPG
    mini bo (2).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 30

Armand4

Donation Time
Bill, I love the car! As Robin mentioned before, the attention to detail is really impressive. With what organizations do you plan on racing? I'm a non-racing (so far) member of CSRG, which holds races at Infineon (Sears Point) and Thunderhill, and there's a tragic lack of Alpines in the club. Your car looks like it would teach those 356s, MGs and Spridgets a lesson.

skywords

Donation Time
Sweet! Looks like it's good to go for the street as well? Is that a fuel petcock on the top of the car?

atallamcs

Donation Time
Race Car

Hi Rick,
The red lever is power cut off--required to be located in that spot so in the event of a incident, an outsider can cut the power.

I suppose it could be run on the street but lacking a windshield makes it a bit tough, also the tires are for the track and the wheels specific to racing and not the road. I did though, keep in mind what it would take to return to a street car.

Bill

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Race Car

Hi Bill,

All I can say is "Nice", I love the side vents and rear exhaust ports.
The colour, bars, engine.......shall I go on?

Thanks for the photos!

Andrew

skywords

Donation Time
Bill can you post those pictures of your Harrington that were taken by the univirsity again, They were stunning. Thanks