• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race car in the making

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well in theory they are to deal with the pulse tunning of the rootes motor.. apparently it pulses enough fuel vapor back down the inlet that it richens the mixture and the extended venturis pass far enough out to get clean air.. now given they operate on a H120 or GLS in the sealed airbox.. maybe that wouldnt help..

i guess also the holbay motor is quite different from a stock rootes motor and probably had different charecteristics.. i bought the holbay webers figuring they would have the closest progression holes for a rootes motor.. but knowing what i do these days.. perhaps they arent.. but i ended up getting mine running well.. maybe 6 one way 1/2 the other.. i guess those aircleaners or covers are no better than the ones i used to have on the zeniths anyway.. good at keeping rocks out.. not much else.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
i guess those aircleaners or covers are no better than the ones i used to have on the zeniths anyway.. good at keeping rocks out.. not much else.

Yes, but infinitely better than the open velocity stacks most of us run now.
Its not a filter, but a gravel strainer/bird catcher depending on what you have more of.

The stuff you pick up off the track and the open-ness of the area under the engine is an invitation for the engine to consume something it cant likely digest.
Its not really a question of if, but when.

al0066

Donation Time
After nearly two years, my Alpine race car is about to be completed and fired up. I held up the progress due to funds but thanks to a friend of mine, Everett, he has been most patient, he is working to bring this car to life as his shop did all the work. If you are restoring an Alpine, Tiger or building a race car of any Marque, let me direct you to Everett as he does the best work and is well known for his restorations. He did my Tiger GT, Yellow Alpine, Harrington Alpine and now this car.

It will be on the track this spring and is the primary subject of a book titled. How To Build A Vintage Sports Race Car. More on that later. Here are some pictures:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/549351959eDGMeT

Bill Atalla

very nice car!!!!!

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Thanks for the compliment--let's see how all that work will perform on the track. I think that will be the true measure.
Best,
Bill