• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Proper millboard trunk panels

agmason54

Donation Time
Proper panels

Scott
I could save you a lot of hassle if you want some nice used ones..or any one else for that matter.
Al

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Appreciate that Al but once the supply of nice used ones dries up it would be good to have a source for correct repros. Perhaps we could use one of your sets as the template.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I also have two sets of originals we can use for templates. I'd like to get a sample to see how it machines.

Tom j

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
I looked through the samples I have from Woolies and there is no millboard in the packet. Here's a pic of what I can get in the US and hand cut for panels in my Alpine and Tiger. I used a razor blade, then sanded the edges. It's 1/16 thick. The back looks light in the pics, it's actually brown kraft, just like a grocery bag. I don't have the original Alpine panels for comparison. I did take a pic of the front and back of the panels from my Tiger Mark II, however, I believe Rootes may have switched to a different millboard for these cars. If we can get an order of 10 or so sets, using this millboard or another type, die cutting should be economical.

Attachments

• IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 36

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
Hi Scott,

If the kit from Midlands in the UK is accurate, that might be the best deal. It may be most economical to ship them all to one US address.

I place one order with Anne and was very disappointed when it arrived. She told me the coil would be silver, it's powder coated black, the plug wires looked nothing like the photo she sent and are German, and the vintage Trico wiper refills are too long. This is after I sent her the year and VIN for my Series 3 Alpine. If I remember correctly, it was over a month from the time I place the order until the items were shipped.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Scott,

If the kit from Midlands in the UK is accurate, that might be the best deal. It may be most economical to ship them all to one US address.

I place one order with Anne and was very disappointed when it arrived. She told me the coil would be silver, it's powder coated black, the plug wires looked nothing like the photo she sent and are German, and the vintage Trico wiper refills are too long. This is after I sent her the year and VIN for my Series 3 Alpine. If I remember correctly, it was over a month from the time I place the order until the items were shipped.

Tough to get any kind of reasonable service these days. I requested pix from Alpine West Midlands but nothing yet. Kip Motor hasn't responded so I guess they don't need the business. Rick no longer offers the right material.

This is why we have to take matters into our own hands and do it ourselves.

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
Millboard

I'm pretty sure my trunk panels are original (but then again maybe not) and they are brown paper bag color with a black non-textured, almost looks painted, surface. Does anyone know for sure if the originals were textured?

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
Thanks for posting the link, Jon. It was difficult to determine the material used to make the cards in the listing, so I sent the following question to the seller:

Hello, What material was used to make the boot cards? Is it millboard or PVC? Can you send me a close up photo of the black front surface and also the back of the cards? thank you, Kim (email: 1146kim@gmail.com)