• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Low Mileage Series 1

65beam

Donation Time
series 1

look at it this way. it appears to be a complete series 1 . is it a solid body ? only one way to tell . take it apart and dip the body . after it comes out of the tank the whole story is there including showing any crash damage . if i were to buy it, that is what i would do . the mileage means nothing since it would take a complete restoration of all the hydraulics, all the suspension bushes would fall apart,bearings would probably have to be replaced and i can tell you from buying a fairly low mileage car that was parked for thirty two years that it has to have a lot of work to make it drivable . the first time i set on the seats ,the stiching let loose . also the knap was pulled out of the carpet when i tried to use the shop vac . the list goes on and on . it's a good base to start with but the problems are there and they will not go away . somebody with the time , money and patience needs to buy it and restore it to it's former glory . and don't forget all the engine work that would be required . plus the name LUCAS !

Limey

Donation Time
Shtickers!

What's that sticker on the oil filter cover??? 'Teclamit' Anybody seen (or got one of those?)

I have 5 oil covers that look grotty enough to be original and no sign of any sticker on any.

What say you, wise ones? Ian, Jan....

My design guys can replicate any sticker in the world. If I could get my paws on an original in any condition as long as legible enough to read I can remake.

I have replicated the sticker for the jack and will soon have the hood instructions for the early series done.

Anyone out there can help me here with this sticker?

Thanks

Olly

65beam

Donation Time
series 1

that was the manufacturer of the oil filter units on the early series of cars . i still have it showing on one of my harringtons .i don't believe it was a decal . it looks to be stenceled on mine .

Limey

Donation Time
Hi 65beam,

Are you saying it was printed directly onto the cover and not a sticky label of any type?

Thanks

Oliver

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
G'day Oliver,

Yes, the Tecalemit brand name is printed (stencilled?) onto the outer surface of the early cartridge type oil filter housings. I have one on a series 3a Minx and managed to tidy up the paintwork without disturbing what was left of the printed lettering.

Finding one you could use to reproduce the text as a sticker might be possible but as you can imagine they were usually washed in solvent each time the filter was changed, so that's once every second oil change divided by 50 years equals................ um, yeah, good luck!

Cheers, Lance.

Limey

Donation Time
Oil filter cover 'label'

Thanks for that Lance. Short of finding one could you take a picture next time you take it off? I can match the type face and spacing.

If any body out there could help I would be very greatfull. Its these little bits of lost detail that really get me itching.

The reproduction would be no prob either as a sticker or a rub-down (tho' these can be a bit fragile) Pad printing direct to the cover would be too expensive.

As a thank you to the club the finished artwork would be donated to the SAOCA along with the jack sticker and the early series soft top instructions when finished.

Many thanks!

Oliver

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Don't worry about the folding instructions for the early cars as again Rick has them in the Sunbeam Specialities web site.
SOFT TOP FOLDING INSTRUCTION DECAL. INSTALLS ON CENTER BOOT COVER.
ALPINE I AT68A 14.50
SOFT TOP INSTRUCTION DECAL. AS ABOVE FOR
ALPINE I I AT68B 14.50

Limey

Donation Time
WEasted time Doh

Thanks Bob. I am not familiar with the US stockists. i just assumed they all did mostly later series stuff like the UK suppliers

Who would you recomend as the top 5 or 3 alpine parts suppliers and who supplies the rare and hard to find bits?

I have a feeling you would be saving me a lot of naffing about!:eek:

Thanks

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Many thanks for that. I can't believe how much stuff they do!

Right where's my 'bits to get' list....:D

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
There are many things we can get over here on this side of the pond and alot of stuff we can't, but we can get over on your side, like I just ordered new door handles, (from the Netherlands) . So we'll just have to keep each other notified.:D

Limey

Donation Time
Yea, his stuff is lovely. I meet the owner Arnoud and he struck me a real good guy and a deep enthusiast.

Many thanks once again.

Oliver