• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment

Dellaone

Donation Time
I no longer have my 1967 SV Alpine, having sold it about 10 years ago. I do however have a friend that still has his 1967 SV, which has sat in various states of restoration for 24 years. As a result, the Girling MkII is toast and he has obtained a Lockheed brake booster (Type 6) and would like me to install it. As the car has now been repainted and gleams in the sun, I am loath to make the first scratch either inside or out. Does anyone have photos of a completed installation of the Lockheed servo? I have the installation instructions, but would like to see how other people have mounted it.

Thanks!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I no longer have my 1967 SV Alpine, having sold it about 10 years ago. I do however have a friend that still has his 1967 SV, which has sat in various states of restoration for 24 years. As a result, the Girling MkII is toast and he has obtained a Lockheed brake booster (Type 6) and would like me to install it. As the car has now been repainted and gleams in the sun, I am loath to make the first scratch either inside or out. Does anyone have photos of a completed installation of the Lockheed servo? I have the installation instructions, but would like to see how other people have mounted it.

Thanks!
I will send pix when I return home after Easter visit with my son and family.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a couple of photos of mine; it isn't pretty (like the car) but I installed it about 20 years ago and have never had a reason to remove/reinstall/try to improve on my work. Hopefully, it will give you some ideas.

IMG_2579.jpegIMG_2578.jpeg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That was all I used to start but it wasn’t enough, leading to the plumbing strap on the back to provide stability.

Dellaone

Donation Time
I ended up doing a very similar installation. I used the original Girling vacuum chamber strap mounted to the existing clip on the forward inner fender, and cut and modified the Lockheed supplied strap that clamps to the hydraulic cylinder and attached it to an existing hole for the original bracket supplied for the Girling unit. No replacement of the original hydraulic piping was necessary. Thanks again for the ideas!

Attachments

• IMG_2281.jpg
    IMG_2281.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5