• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment

Dellaone

Donation Time
I no longer have my 1967 SV Alpine, having sold it about 10 years ago. I do however have a friend that still has his 1967 SV, which has sat in various states of restoration for 24 years. As a result, the Girling MkII is toast and he has obtained a Lockheed brake booster (Type 6) and would like me to install it. As the car has now been repainted and gleams in the sun, I am loath to make the first scratch either inside or out. Does anyone have photos of a completed installation of the Lockheed servo? I have the installation instructions, but would like to see how other people have mounted it.

Thanks!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I no longer have my 1967 SV Alpine, having sold it about 10 years ago. I do however have a friend that still has his 1967 SV, which has sat in various states of restoration for 24 years. As a result, the Girling MkII is toast and he has obtained a Lockheed brake booster (Type 6) and would like me to install it. As the car has now been repainted and gleams in the sun, I am loath to make the first scratch either inside or out. Does anyone have photos of a completed installation of the Lockheed servo? I have the installation instructions, but would like to see how other people have mounted it.

Thanks!
I will send pix when I return home after Easter visit with my son and family.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a couple of photos of mine; it isn't pretty (like the car) but I installed it about 20 years ago and have never had a reason to remove/reinstall/try to improve on my work. Hopefully, it will give you some ideas.

IMG_2579.jpegIMG_2578.jpeg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That was all I used to start but it wasn’t enough, leading to the plumbing strap on the back to provide stability.