• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Joke of the Day

jack Bacon

Donation Time
A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings, and made it safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, "Monsieur, that is the reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh."

See if you have De Gaulle to tell this to someone else. I told it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse.

Thanks to John Engstrom from the Intermarque Monthly!

Jack

Nickodell

Donation Time
There was the guy who had a clone made of himself because he was a lonely guy, and rather timid, who didn't have any friends. He figured that someone exactly like himself would have everything in common and they would get on well.

Unfortunately, the clone turned out to be nothing like himself, being a foul-mouthed boor who drank and used foul language. One day he snapped and threw the clone off the balcony of his 24th-floor apartment. Then, striken with remorse, he telephoned the police. Unfortunately, the line was bad and he couldn't quite make the desk sergeant understand what he was admitting. "Don't worry about it, sir," said the officer.

"What was that all about, sarge?" asked another officer.

"Oh, just some guy 'fessing up to something that sounded like making an obscene clone fall."

(I made that one up. You may applaud).

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, you started it.

What do you call a row of rabbits walking backwards?

A receding hare line.

(rim shot here)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Two guys rent a rowboat and go fishing on a lake. They get out there, find a nice spot and drop their lines. Suddenly they start catching fish like crazy, and in less than half an hour their coolers are full to the brim with fish, so they decide to return the boat and go home for the day. But before they do, the one guy says to the other "Hey, Bob, mark this spot - we gotta come back here again tomorrow!"

So on the way home John says to Bob "So, did you mark that spot for tomorrow?" and Bob replies "Yeah, I made a big "X" in the bottom of the boat!"

John shoots back "Oh, for gosh sakes - that was really stupid, Bob. I can't believe you figured that we'd be able to find the spot that way. Heck, how do you know we'll get the same boat?!"

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
What A Day

26679d1216154873t-what-day-image002.jpg

Donna
:D

Nickodell

Donation Time
Back in the bad old days of Francisco Franco, the Basques were - as they are today - agitating to split off from Spain and form a separate country. Franco would have none of this, and suppressed the movement brutally.

One evening some of the separatists were holding a meeting in a village hall when Franco's police barged in and started clubbing everyone. In a panic they tried to get out through the one door, but bodies piled up and dozens were killed.

Hearing about this, Franco chuckled: "Tell the police chief there not to put all his Basques in one exit."

Nickodell

Donation Time
And how do you "pre-board" an airliner? Why does Hawaii have an Interstate Highway? (Those were George Carlin ones).

Why do drive-up ATMs have the instructions in Braille?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My sons and I get a kick out of Steven Wright...

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I spilled spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

My dental hygienist is cute. Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.

Officer, I know I was going faster than 55MPH, but I wasn't going to be on the road an hour.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, "Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours." He said, "Yes, but not in a row."

mikel

Donation Time
My favorite Steven Wright....

If God placed me here to help others, what are the others here for?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
What did the masochist say to the sadist?

Hurt me, Hurt me

What did the sadist say?

Nooooooo!

Nickodell

Donation Time
Then there were the two monocles who got drunk and had sex in public. "Stop that!" said a cop. "You're making a spectacle of yourselves."

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

The other day we were driving on the elevated part of the interstate through the Louisiana swamp. When we got close to the lake, the sky was full on sea gulls. One hit the windsheild. It went over the car and landed on the windsheild of a state police car. He pulled me over and wrote a ticket. WHY??
He said I flipped him the bird.

Nickodell

Donation Time
This native tribe's leader used to preside over his subjects from a beautifully-carved wooden throne in the Big Hut in the village center. When he was not in residence they pulled it up to the roof of the hut to keep termites from damaging it.

One day they were lowering it as usual when the ropes, rotted by the jungle heat and humidity, broke and it fell and killed the leader.

One of the tribe noted: "I suppose those who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones."

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
"I suppose those who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones."
Ouch! ;)

OK, you asked for it...

One day, an elderly woman was walking along the street, coming home from the supermarket. Her bag of groceries was especially heavy that day, and as she passed Nathan Hale's Used Cars, she got an idea that she could drive herself to the store and save a lot of shoe leather, time and aching muscles. She walks into the car dealership and, as it just so happens, gets the owner himself. He asks her what kind of car she wants and she replies, "Well, sonny, I can't remember the name exactly, but it has something to do with hate or anger." The owner replies, "Well, let's see... Oh yes, you want a Plymouth Fury! We have a couple on the lot. What color do you prefer?"

The lady has some trouble explaining the exact color to him, so she reaches into her shopping bag, takes out an ear of corn, strips down the shucks and says, "I want this color sonny." To which Nathan replies, "Ma'am I'm sorry, but we don't have any in this color. Could I show you a nice blue one?"

"No son, I want this color."

"But ma'am, they didn't make that color! Maybe a carnival red one would suit you?" says the owner, obviously worried about losing a sale.

By this time, the old lady gets mad, and starts throwing things at the owner, thereby chasing him out of the office and into the lot. One of the salesmen, coming into the office from the back door, notices the disruption and asks the secretary what the old woman was so upset about. The secretary replies, "Apparently, Hale hath no Fury like the woman's corn!"

--------------

A skeptical anthropologist was cataloging South American folk remedies with the assistance of a tribal brujo who indicated that the leaves of a particular fern were a sure cure for any case of constipation. When the anthropologist expressed his doubts, the brujo looked him in the eye and said, "Let me tell you, with fronds like these, who needs enemas?"

-------------

An Indian chief was feeling very sick, so he summoned the medicine man. After a brief examination, the medicine man took out a long, thin strip of elk hide and gave it to the chief, instructing him to bite, chew, and swallow one inch of the leather every day. After a month, the medicine man returned to see how the chief was feeling. The chief shrugged and said, "The thong is ended, but the malady lingers on."

--------------

A mechanic once owned a dog named Mace. Mace had a bad habit of eating all the grass in the mechanic's lawn, so the mechanic had to keep Mace inside. The grass eventually became overgrown. One day the mechanic was working on a car in his backyard and dropped his wrench losing it in the tall grass. He couldn't find it for the life of him so he decided to call it a day. That night, Mace escaped from the house and ate all the grass in the backyard. The next morning, the mechanic went outside and saw his wrench glinting in the sunlight. Realizing what had happened, he looked up to the heavens and proclaimed... "A grazing Mace, how sweet the hound that saved a wrench for me!"

--------------

There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of the puns would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Can't believe this one hasn't come up yet

This guy in my old neighborhood, Roy, bought a really expensive pair of loafers. Went home and put put them right by the door so he could wear them the next day to work. Hot summer day and his wife left the windows open. Neighbor's Siamese climbs through the window and starts playing with the loafers and eventually starts nawing on them. Roy walks in and sees what's happening yells at the Siamese and scares it out the window. Goes to the closet and pulls out his BB Gun and goes looking it. Sees a neighbor and asks him to help look for it. 20 minutes later, the neighbor finds the frightened animal and says..........

"Pardon me Roy. Is this the cat who chewed your new shoes?"

gordonra

Donation Time
This guy in my old neighborhood, Roy, bought a really expensive pair of loafers. Went home and put put them right by the door so he could wear them the next day to work. Hot summer day and his wife left the windows open. Neighbor's Siamese climbs through the window and starts playing with the loafers and eventually starts nawing on them. Roy walks in and sees what's happening yells at the Siamese and scares it out the window. Goes to the closet and pulls out his BB Gun and goes looking it. Sees a neighbor and asks him to help look for it. 20 minutes later, the neighbor finds the frightened animal and says..........

I hate to admit.... I don't get it????

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor

"Pardon me, boy - is this the Chattanooga Station?"