• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater control and fan switch

napa 1

Donation Time
you'll never guess what I found this morning while sorting through the NOS parts that came with the Le Mans... its like finding money in your jacket pocket..only better.

agmason

Donation Time
Is that the repair kit for the switch? It looks like one I used on my Tiger 10 years ago to repair the moving tip switch.

W_Pierzga

Platinum Level Sponsor
Still looking for the switch label rings

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked with KIP but the items that they make are NOT the ones I am looking for.

I am looking the METAL ring that fits under the switch retainer ring on the face of the dash. The bottom of this ring has a printed label.

My car has a wooden dash so the only switch with this type of label is the one on the left side (on LHD car), which is labeled "BLOWER".

Not sure but I suspect that every switch on cars with the plastic dash had these type of labels.

At any rate, I am looking for these METAL labels that say: BLOWER and FOG.

Any suggestions on locating the parts would be appreciated. Should I have to make them myself, perhaps someone would advise the correct type font?

Wayne

mikephillips

Donation Time
FOG you may have to make yourself from a duplicate of one of the others. Most cars weren't fitted with auxiliary lamps and I've never run across a FOG bezel in my 34 years of ownership.

howard

Donation Time
Steve- Those Kip Motors label bezels are pretty nice looking. They're nothing like what's stock on my car, but they appear sturdier and nice looking. Do you have these on your car?

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The label bezels are for the series 1, 2 and 3 sports cars only. I do not have them on my car yet but will soon. They look good.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I was the one who sent my originals in for Kip to look at and agree to reproduce. I have a full set of his reproductions on my Series 3 and they look great.

howard

Donation Time
So they cheesed out on the SIVs onward? The little aluminum tag looks like a cost-cutting move when you look at the earlier (Kip) labels. NOW I FEEL CHEATED!!!

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Panel control to match escutcheons

I'm thinking of sending my NOS switch down to Kip to see if he could reproduce it with a more durable modern material. The old plastic bits tend to crack and fall apart. This particular switch was used in Series I, II, and 3 so a good number of us would benefit.

He took my original switch escutcheons and reproduced them so now all Series 3 owners can have nice new trim around their dash switches. I'm going to also send him the combination "Panel / Map" escutcheon to complete the set for Series II owners.

Hi Scott,

I am working on the Panel Control Bezel to match the escetcheons for my SIII. I have the casting all finished and just need to find the lettering so that I can make up a sample. I can only make them one at a time but they should look 99% to original. I will bring one with me to the Invasion this year.
I should be able to provide photos of an orginal and the repro next week.

Regards,
Andrew

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
So they cheesed out on the SIVs onward? The little aluminum tag looks like a cost-cutting move when you look at the earlier (Kip) labels. NOW I FEEL CHEATED!!!

Can't tell if you're kidding or not, but if you're serious let me explain. Since I am a Series 3 owner and needed new escutcheons I took my originals and sent them to Kip for reproduction. Now all Series I, II, and 3 owners can benefit. If Series IV and V owners need new aluminum tags have someone with a good set send them on to Kip and I'm sure he can reproduce them.
All it takes is someone to volunteer their parts for the benefit of all. :)

napa 1

Donation Time
Andrew, are you talking about the bezel that surround the heater control levers that matches the switch bezels on SI, II and III? I've seen a photo of one of those once, but never actually seen one on a car. I'd love to have one of those too.

Scott, that would be great if you would have Kip make up a panel/map for us series II owners?

I've never seen a photo of a Le Mans with these bezels, but they are listed in the Harrington Le Mans specific parts sheets that I have.

John.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have given my panel/map to Kip for re-production. I will visit on Saturday to see how this is going and report back.

I could ask Kip about the later bezels as I plan to drive my series 5.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew, are you talking about the bezel that surround the heater control levers that matches the switch bezels on SI, II and III? I've seen a photo of one of those once, but never actually seen one on a car. I'd love to have one of those too.

John.

Yes, that's the bezel he's talking about. They typically crack around the screw holes as mine did, but I was incredibly lucky enough to find an NOS one on ebay a few years ago (it was mislabeled on the listing so hardly anyone spotted it). I was thinking about sending my broken one to Kip but Andrew's on top of it so we'll see what his looks like.

napa 1

Donation Time
Yes, that's the bezel he's talking about. They typically crack around the screw holes as mine did, but I was incredibly lucky enough to find an NOS one on ebay a few years ago (it was mislabeled on the listing so hardly anyone spotted it). I was thinking about sending my broken one to Kip but Andrew's on top of it so we'll see what his looks like.

Do you have a picture of it on your dash that you could share?

alpine_64

Donation Time
I was under the impression that the perspex eschutcheon for the heater/fresh air control was for late SII/S3 cars. The SI and early SII have it as raised letters on the dash.

Steve Silverstein had done some CAD modeling of these a while back.. not sre where that project went.