• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Alpine For Sale

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I am please to see the response to my car and the final bidding, but unfortunately it's not enough to make reserve and buy the car.

I learned a lot from this auction. I was pretty torn on if I should sell it or not and I learned through this exparience that i really love this car and hate the idea of parting with it. I also really want to know its going to a good home and not someone who just wants a good deal so they can resell it. I was honestly hoping that it wouldn't sell! As much as the money would go to good use... which is more important ot me right now... I really, really find it hard to sell this car. If I do work out a deal with someone it will be very tough to see it go. I know I can never have another one like it again.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Ian,

I think you would regret ever selling it. I sold my turbocharged Alpine, because at the time I needed money. I have regretted selling it ever since. I too, can never hope to have a similar car again. They are singular vehicles, and that is what makes them so special. Even though you might could use the money right now, you will find that you will weather this tight spot soon, but you'll never have another Harrington like this one.

This car is so beautiful, that if I had the money, I would buy it. I wouldn't quibble about the price either. If you want a car this special, you need to step up to the plate and buy it. This is the kind of car that only comes up for sale, once in a lifetime. Whoever is holding back, thinking that you'll need to come down on the price, then he'll buy it, will eventually be kicking himself for not buying it when he had the chance.

Jose

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ian I am glad you still have it! It will look great at the Harrington 50th celebration amongst all of those LeMans' that will be there.....Eric

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Harrington Alpine

Ian,
Since you need money - but don't want to sell, and most of us would like to buy it - but don't have the money (or spousal support), the answer seems to be that you should lease it to club members for a month at a time! I am willing to make the sacrifice of going first!!

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Ian, I think it's even simpler that we think. For a classic auto like yours, someone already knows if they want to buy it or not. A true afficionado will just wait until the opportunity arises. Unlike a common-place SV (like mine), where you can pick one up just about whenever you feel like it, yours is simply that cut above that will never be a spur of the moment decision.

Maybe you should see if Jay Leno wants it for his collection? I'm into vintage SAABs and last year (or the year before) he bought a 1958 93 model from a fellow enthusiast in Iowa. Jay just said he remembered the 2-stroke from when he was a kid and wanted to get one. Now it's in his collection and on his web site!

A Jay Leno Harrington wouldn't be out of the question and you'd KNOW it went to a true auto nut!:D

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I think I'll just hang on it it. If someone wants to buy it I'm willing to talk but for now I don't really want to let it go for anything under 40K.

A

alpine in calgary

Ian to be blunt the car is a fantastic example of a rare/scarce/cant find it anywhere type of car.I think a mitigating factor is the massive problem with credit and liquid cashola in the U.S right now.The subprime crisis is affecting a lot of things including a lot of industries and the like here in Canada as well.Hang on to that beauty like Oprah clutching the last slice of cheesecake if is not going to hurt you as you will get the money for it in the long run.