• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Alpine For Sale

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Wow... that's the sort of info that would be great to accompany all of the photos on the web site!

I wonder if Ian'll come close to Reserve? :))

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow. Ian I was hoping you would keep it. I got to drive it at the last Invasion-what a wonderful car. It drives like a new one would have. I hope the new owner will aprreciate it! Eric

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I agree 100%. Ian told me to drive it. I told him that I didn't have to, but I did anyway and...WOW! It is the best driving Alpine that I ever drove. It has power, it handles great and with the new interior (seats & all the rest), it smells brand new.
Jan

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good Luck selling the Harrington! I hope you get more than you expect and I hope the owner is someone that will allow us all to see it at events and still enjoy this treasure!

Good Luck,
Todd

atallamcs

Donation Time
A Harrington Done Right!

This is probably the best Harrington in existance. It has been done to perfection and "right". If this is anyone's dream car--it cannot get any better. What are you waiting for?
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
In the text, Ian says the car has not been over restored. I've got to agree. Most High quality "restorations" end up looking like a show car. This one does not. Looks great.

Bill

Jim E

Donation Time
Dang someone out bid me and I have a V6 kit with the cars name on it. Guess I will have to bid again....

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Slight modifications

Dang someone out bid me and I have a V6 kit with the cars name on it.

Yeah...and some fancy 21 inch wheels, flamed paint job, disco sound system:cool:.....lifetime excommunication from this site...:eek:

I WAS KIDDING!

I wouldn't be afraid to buy it. Just the driving and storage scares the daylights out of me......

Jim E

Donation Time
Jim... don't make me come down there and spank you!:D

Ian I promise you first refusal on the old drive train! actually I am thinking turbo V6! which would be just sick cool! other than a minor drive train swap I would leave the rest of the car alone. Might have to dip into the retirement fund but I am thinking I can swing this! How much to end the auction now? Thinking I can get $30k this afternoon and put Vaders drive train in it next week end as a start. My fanny awaits....

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jim,

You get me 50K and you can do with it what ever you want.
Ian,

Is that a $20K fine as punishment for having the audacity to modify it?:D I had thought of asking if I could buy it and modify it, but Jim beat me to it. It is a beautiful Car, no doubt, but I think it would be fantastic with a turbocharged V6 in it. (I can hear the groaning, weeping, wailing and knashing of teeth, all the way in Colombia)

I hope you can forgive my heatheness, for even thinking of such heresy.:D

Jose:)

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ian,

Is that a $20K fine as punishment for having the audacity to modify it?:D I had thought of asking if I could buy it and modify it, but Jim beat me to it. It is a beautiful Car, no doubt, but I think it would be fantastic with a turbocharged V6 in it. (I can hear the groaning, weeping, wailing and knashing of teeth, all the way in Colombia)

I hope you can forgive my heatheness, for even thinking of such heresy.:D

Jose:)

I think it's time to revive burning at the stake for such blasphemy! :p

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I think people are trying to compare my car to the one Jan was selling a few months ago. They are sending me messages telling me what they think it's worth in attempts to guess my reserve. What they don't know is that I have both of these car is my garage right now and can honestly tell them that they aren't the same and don't have the same value. I think Jan's car was bid up to a fair value and I think he was close to his reserve. I don't think I'm offending Jan when I say this, but my car is twice the car... if not more... than his.

I think people need to see this car and look it over very closely to understand how good this car really is. Pictures aren't enough.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think car historians know the Harringtons, but I think the majority of people that are buying vintage cars as an investment in the USA, are still ignorant to Harringtons. I like the winning bidder's comment (on the nice Lemans from the auction that was televised a few months ago maybe a year ago now), when interviewed on camera said that he didn't know what he bought!
The response from my Lemans was the basically the same from USA bidders (what is it?), but I received more serious interests from European bidders. I think they appreciate & want the Harringtons.
Jan

A

alpine in calgary

I think car historians know the Harringtons, but I think the majority of people that are buying vintage cars as an investment in the USA, are still ignorant to Harringtons. I like the winning bidder's comment (on the nice Lemans from the auction that was televised a few months ago maybe a year ago now), when interviewed on camera said that he didn't know what he bought!
The response from my Lemans was the basically the same from USA bidders (what is it?), but I received more serious interests from European bidders. I think they appreciate & want the Harringtons.
Jan

The harrington is a very fine car and extremely rare....to the degree that it makes a triumph TR250 seem like an easy find.Thanks though Ian for listing the car right now.....as I was just about to relist my series 2 :rolleyes:

Good luck with the auction..if you dont get your reserve dont settle for less as that car is worth some serious coin.