• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine bay completed!

Drnobeam

Donation Time
I like your Rootes logo's on the wheel hubs:) The engine bay, showroom fresh. How's it drive ???

Tom j

It's funny that John and I finished our engine bays at the same time. John, yours looks so good! And more pure to the Series than mine. I've been wandering from stock and mixing Series components (gasp!).

I found a guy on eBay that was selling these logos for wheels/hubs. I sent him a digital image of the Rootes logo and he made a set for me @ $40/four.

The valve cover is powder black wrinkle and the Sunbeam logo was belt sanded to make it stand out. Not stock but pretty darn cool looking.

BTW, it runs great. OD & all syncro work great. Really fun to drive, just need more time to enjoy it.

Here is a close up of the wheel logo:

napa 1

Donation Time
Andy, what about your car for this magazine??? are you near Pasadena?

John

My name is Richard Truesdell and I am the editor of the new online-only magazine Automotive Traveler. I invite you all to take a look at the current issue at:

www.automotivetraveler.com/magazine.php?mode=1

For our June cover story I need to photograph a stock-appearing Alpine on the morning of May 8th in Pasadena, CA. It will be photographed with a number of other two-seat roadsters.

If you have an Alpine, live in Southern California and can be available from sunrise to noon on Wednesday, May 9, I invite you to contact me directly at richt@automotivetraveler.com or feel free to call me direct between 7 AM and 10 PM PDT at 714/981-2725. I need to locate and confirm the car's availability before Saturday, April 28 as I will be leaving for 10 days in Scotland on assignment.

If you can help with this request, please contact me.

Best wishes,

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler
www.automotivetraveler.com