• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine bay completed!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, haven't you heard? With an engine bay looking that good on a 45 year old car, running is optional.

Bill

Drnobeam

Donation Time
Awesome John! Now I know why you kept the expansion tank, it polished up nicely! I noticed you're Series II is earlier than mine - the bonnet support rod is in the back vs. the side where mine is.

You have spent a lot of time here and it shows. Really good job.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Head on over to Georgia and fix mine up like that !:D (only in green)
Very nice indeed.

Tom J

65beam

Donation Time
engine bay

you need the finishing touch; call rick at SS and buy a bright white washer bottle.i just put the new one under the bonnet of the harrington and it looks great!

skywords

Donation Time
A+++ Very clean and orderly. looks like I just opened the hood at the dealership and the answer is why yes I'll take it!!

atallamcs

Donation Time
Engine Detail

Hi John,

Wow, sure came a very long way from when I had that car. It looks as good as the rest of your restoration work--perfect. Another great Series I brought back to life--thanks for that?

Bill Atalla

64beam

Donation Time
Hi John,

Engine bay looks great and we're all hoping it goes as well as it looks. Keep up the good work.

Regards, Robin.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Sure nice to see more folks giving every area of their Alpines the attention they deserv.
I get a kick out of cars that look great until you open the hood and see a different color than the outside, and what looks like 40 years of nothing but adding oil.
It's sure raising the bar for us obsesive folks.
Very nice job, and all without Alberts help!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have to admire people that can do that kind of stuff. I can't. I can adapt GM brakes for a 4000 pound car onto an Alpine and fit them inside a 13" wheel, but don't ask me to detail the damn thing.

Bill

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Someone recently posted a pic of their engine bay, and the valve cover was done in a really nice black crinkle finish. I can't find that pic anymore - does anyone have it or the link?

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I like your Rootes logo's on the wheel hubs:) The engine bay, showroom fresh. How's it drive ???

Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I guess a before photo would be in order. Thanks again Bill for getting me started with in the Alpine world!

Gee thanks Bill..... Sold him the one with the engine. My feelings aren't hurt! much...

:D

Ok enough sarcasm.... Geez that's pretty... Nice job.