• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Either Place A Bid Or Move On!!!!!!!!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hasn't this car been on ebay in the past year. I seem to recall the checkered grill opening.

agmason

Donation Time
"I might correct you a little (for fear of dude234 jumping down your throat)

Shelby was commisioned to build the prototype, however it was taking time so Garrad got Ken Miles to do a quick install job to test the theory 260, 2 speed auto and engine mounted way forward to maintain stock steering IIRC.. proved the car was fast.. handled horribly as the motor was so far forward. later the shelby one was presented to the board in the Uk as a more refined concept."

Michael,

I'm glad you finally got it correct. At least that is the story in a couple of well regarded books. Since none of us were there, its all we have to go on.
You also seem to be a bit sensitive, thats too bad.

alpine_64

Donation Time
"I might correct you a little (for fear of dude234 jumping down your throat)

Shelby was commisioned to build the prototype, however it was taking time so Garrad got Ken Miles to do a quick install job to test the theory 260, 2 speed auto and engine mounted way forward to maintain stock steering IIRC.. proved the car was fast.. handled horribly as the motor was so far forward. later the shelby one was presented to the board in the Uk as a more refined concept."

Michael,

I'm glad you finally got it correct. At least that is the story in a couple of well regarded books. Since none of us were there, its all we have to go on.
You also seem to be a bit sensitive, thats too bad.

Dude... whatever your name is.. its the same thing i have said all along.. and still stand by my thoughts on shelbys involvment.. you also never dropepd me that email address, i offererd to send you something.. offer still stands.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Like I said before, its all a matter of degree and your threshold of Shelby's involvement is different from mine. My name is Jeff and feel free to send me anything you want to: jxnichols@sbcglobal.net.

Jeff,

sending something your way.. PS if thats a primary address.. delete it from the board, all those spam people troll for email addresses. ;)