• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Either Place A Bid Or Move On!!!!!!!!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not one of the best sales pitches I've heard. Maybe someone should suggest "WHERE" he stores it.:eek:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I dont understand the relevance of why people have Carol Shelby sign their tigers...

If I was Carol Shelby, I wouldnt want to sign a car I didnt design.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I thought it was Shelby's people that did the design work to fit the 260 to begin with.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I thought it was Shelby's people that did the design work to fit the 260 to begin with.

No It was Ken Miles and Ian Gerrard who first fitted the 260.This car was restored and showed up at the Suni in Montana.I was there.
At first Shelby wasn't interested but when Ken and Ian showed up with the car he changed his mind and did the engineering as we know it today

alpine_64

Donation Time
I dont understand the relevance of why people have Carol Shelby sign their tigers...

If I was Carol Shelby, I wouldnt want to sign a car I didnt design.

car owner: "HEY I"VE GOT $150, WANT TO GRAFFITI MY CAR?"
Shelby: "YOU"LL PAY ME TO SCRIBBLE ON IT?"
car owner: "YEAH!"
Shelby: "I LOVE MONEY" :D

ok, maybe not exactly how it went...

Nickodell

Donation Time
Speaking of signing things, a young girl had the ball that Ryan Howard [YEAH, GO PHILLIES!] hit to make him the player to reach 200 homers in the fewest games in history. Howard invited her to the clubhouse and persuaded her to exchange this milestone souvenir for another baseball he autographed for her. Now she's sued him to get the original one back! (Look for it to be settle out of court for mucho dineros).

alpine_64

Donation Time
No It was Ken Miles and Ian Gerrard who first fitted the 260.This car was restored and showed up at the Suni in Montana.I was there.
At first Shelby wasn't interested but when Ken and Ian showed up with the car he changed his mind and did the engineering as we know it today

Chuck,

I might correct you a little (for fear of dude234 jumping down your throat)

Shelby was commisioned to build the prototype, however it was taking time so Garrad got Ken Miles to do a quick install job to test the theory 260, 2 speed auto and engine mounted way forward to maintain stock steering IIRC.. proved the car was fast.. handled horribly as the motor was so far forward. later the shelby one was presented to the board in the Uk as a more refined concept.

64beam

Donation Time
Definately not my type of modifications and the owner has made sure he can hear the stereo :eek: . Each to their own I guess. What is with the front bumper :confused:

Regards, Robin.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I guess this is going back into storage.

"At the end of today 10/9/09 I will be removing this vehicle from Ebay due to the numerous amount of people who wish to insult my intelligence and waste my time with their stupid questions and obscenely low bids. Who bids $ 15,000 on a car that is worth over FOUR TIMES THAT!!!!!?????? If there are any SERIOUS BUYERS out there who wish to pursue this car, you may contact me by the phone number provided or come and see the car in person by appointment."

65beam

Donation Time
bid

michael,those of us that were at suni 4 and attended the shelby dinner heard the story of the shelby conversion first hand.it sounded like shelby stuck george in a room that if i remember correctly was where they worked on the toyotas previously. he told him to do the conversion,which he did. the rest is history. shelby made money for what his employee did.

64beam

Donation Time
I guess this is going back into storage.

"At the end of today 10/9/09 I will be removing this vehicle from Ebay due to the numerous amount of people who wish to insult my intelligence and waste my time with their stupid questions and obscenely low bids. Who bids $ 15,000 on a car that is worth over FOUR TIMES THAT!!!!!?????? If there are any SERIOUS BUYERS out there who wish to pursue this car, you may contact me by the phone number provided or come and see the car in person by appointment."

The seller has a very unique way about themself...He is really taking his bat and ball and going home :( . He is dreaming if he thinks that is worth $60K especially in the current economic climate. You would need to spend big dollars just reversing what the seller has modified (body especially). It just sounds like trouble.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
michael,those of us that were at suni 4 and attended the shelby dinner heard the story of the shelby conversion first hand.it sounded like shelby stuck george in a room that if i remember correctly was where they worked on the toyotas previously. he told him to do the conversion,which he did. the rest is history. shelby made money for what his employee did.

You wont get an argument from me as to how much personal input ol'shelby had in the tiger .. i was just covering bases given the shelby involvemnt argument that popped up in the boot panels thread.. as i have said many times.. i know his company did the prototype, but as for HIS involvement bar taking $$ ..

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck,

I might correct you a little (for fear of dude234 jumping down your throat)

Shelby was commisioned to build the prototype, however it was taking time so Garrad got Ken Miles to do a quick install job to test the theory 260, 2 speed auto and engine mounted way forward to maintain stock steering IIRC.. proved the car was fast.. handled horribly as the motor was so far forward. later the shelby one was presented to the board in the Uk as a more refined concept.

Micheal
I can be or stand to be corrected at any time so no offence if some one corrects me.
Not quite that way.
I guess there are some stories all with some truth.
I think Tiger Tom knows the whole story as he knew Ian Garrard I believe
Supposedly Shelby was not interested after Miles and Garrard had measured the new Ford thin wall block and were sure they had a winner for the conversion.They then did the conversion as noted
This became the one that Miles and Garrard presented to Shelby and it is the one we saw at Suni in Montana completly restored.
Ken Miles went to work for Shelby
Did you know Lord Rootes drove Shelby's prototype with the parking brake on
At least thats how I read the history
Hey I can still be corrected after all
If no one else thinks I'm perfect I'm lucky that my wife thinks so.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I wonder who´s feelings he thinks he´s hurting? I think he´s dreaming, if he thinks it´s worth 60K.

What I don´t understand is, why the attitude? Does he think he´ll bully someone into buying it?

Jose

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
This is an auction the final bid will determine its actual value which in my opinion is far less than 60,000. The wheels arches actually have a minus value factor to most people.

Look closely at the front side lights are these at an angle? Not sure about the bumber it is not correct may habe been moved for the spotlights.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I would also be asking for that massive amp in the boot and the speaker box be removed. At least then you can carry a spare wheel again. I think you are right Steve, the indicator lights do look odd, not to mention the chequering around the radiator. Looks like it's back to storage for the poor Tiger.

Regards, Robin.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Nah, the loser didnt pull the auction like he promised.

I imagine he will be mighty bent in a few days when hes not sitting at 60k.
Maybe he will put it back in storage then?