• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Series competition front springs

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
FWIW, last weekend I compared an original factory competition front spring to an original Series 3 front spring. I was amazed to see the competitoin spring was a good 3 coils shorter. My Sebring tribute car is going to sit LOWWWW......

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I might chime in on this one. A stock SI/II has quite tall softish springs. In terms of doing better in autocross and still being nice (or even better) on the street i would recomend getting better front springs and better shocks.

The S3 springs from VB are a cheap and good upgrade, lowers the front a little and stiffens a little then you could add a set of spax adjustable dampers to the front. This will firm up the front, improve turn in and i believe make it a better more controled ride on the streets.

Just my .02c.

FWIW I installed new S3 front springs from VB and the front did not lower at all, on the SIV. It's still abt 26 inches from the fender lip.

Before installation, a quick check of their length looked abt correct, but something must be screwy.

Nonetheless the improvement in handling is incredible, although some of the improvement resulted from the concurrent front-end rebuild, and installing better leafs on the back.