• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Denise's V6 Engine

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dan,

The Sunbeam is progressing slowly but surely. We had a time and money setback due to my son's ATV accident while we were on vacation in September, which got cut in half. Once we got past most of his recovery I then decided to go on a more performance path with the engine, as you can see in the attached picture. But I am to the point of calibrating the carbs and hope to do that Friday. I got the jets in today. Since we are still working gremlins out we won't be in Columbia (I'd also have to put a top on it as well). You are the only other person that I know that has Sunbeams but if anybody ever asks I will point them your way for the kit.

That is a Burton intake with 3 40 DCNF Webers sitting on top of a pair of Stage 3 Burton heads, and yes, they are of the Siamese exhaust port design. I had to modify those nice headers but they still fit. I am running a Carter electric fuel pump. I also had to modify my Griffin aluminum radiator. Then I learned that the Griffin aluminum radiator had plastic that sealed the tubes to the tanks and since me or the aluminum welder doing my mods didn't know it, we created lots of leaks. I got another custom made aluminum radiator to match the engine lower radiator port and the Burton intake port. Many radiator clamps later it was all hooked up with the heater hoses and the by-pass hose and an in-line filler cap. I just got through putting in the bigger idle jets. I will find out tomorrow if they solve my idle problem.

Later,
Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

POSTed for Ray

Attachments

• Denise's engine.jpeg
    Denise's engine.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 86

greenbean

Donation Time
That looks like way to much fun to drive:), but I bet it will be an absolute blast once you get it all "tuned" in!!!