• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cool New Wheels

65beam

Donation Time
Did not see a need. Formica is designed to take a lot of abuse and as you can see in the picture (prior link) it looks pretty nice in the fake wood grain.

Re-drilled the dash after filling in old holes with Bondo. After redrill of everything contact adhesive a sheet of formica over the whole thing, and then drill out the Formica as per the holes in the plywood dash.
The formica dash covering used by Harrington for the LeMans has held up good for 55 years. The only problem on one of my cars is that the glue has given out and the formica is loose in a couple spots on the edges.

Attachments

• 100_0296.JPG
    100_0296.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 27

loose_electron

Donation Time
The formica dash covering used by Harrington for the LeMans has held up good for 55 years. The only problem on one of my cars is that the glue has given out and the formica is loose in a couple spots on the edges.
Looks very nice!

I got rid of some unused features (cigarette lighter, etc) and added some things (4X flasher, turn signal indicators, accy-run-crank lights) that were not in the S2 design.