• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Beautiful Day in Georgia

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Nick,
I have convinced myself to rebuild the car. Bought a super hardtop $$$$$ Unfortunately, our wonderful CHP failed to attain the identity of the horse owner. So as of now I have no-one to address about damages. I figured about 200 man hours to disassemble and catalog and then re-assemble and hand fit everything.

It is logical that if there were side vents that heat would flow out behind the little space behind the inner wheel wells. During driving the engine compartment is basically pressurized. This would allow another pressure release.

Jim

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

Side vents will lower under hood temps, if you also open the inside pannel behind the fender well. This happens in two ways. The pressure inside the engine compartment , caused by air coming from the front through the radiator, will force hot air out through the vent, plus air rushing past the vent on the outside of the fender, will suck hot air from inside the engine compartment. Side vents not only look good, but they are functional.

Jose

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jim/Forza

1=Great.
2-Having owned a horse, I'm sure someone in the area has said something to someone in the area. I'd check the surrounding fields for property owners. I'd have the local Sheriff do an inquiry.
3-Check the local feed store. Some one has said something...