• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Beautiful Day in Georgia

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
So nice in fact I HAD to slap the car back together enough to go for a 2.5 hour cruise..............wonderful mid "winter" break..........:cool:
Any one else lucky enough to get out lately ?

Tom j

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Must be nice Tom!
Just lousy wet weather here-all the stuff that drifted over from Georgia....No SCAT members are out in Sunbeams today. Eric

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, That's the stuff we woke up to this morning , our pleasure to share,:)

Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
It's a frosty :D 68 degrees in Phoenix tonight, and I'm taking it out for dinner and coffee.

Rain apparently coming in from California in the next day or so.....

lgurley

Donation Time
It's a frosty :D 68 degrees in Phoenix tonight, and I'm taking it out for dinner and coffee.

Rain apparently coming in from California in the next day or so.....
I have my hard top on until spring. I am making it my number one driver. I have parked my Silverado at my storage building and My Bonneville hasn't been cranked in over a week.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hey Larry,

That is the way the V6 Alpine should be used. It can, and should, be your only means of transport. Aren´t you having fun just driving It?

Jose

I have my hard top on until spring. I am making it my number one driver. I have parked my Silverado at my storage building and My Bonneville hasn't been cranked in over a week.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Took the Airpine to Gainsville, contemplating the mountains, the weather has been so nice.

It was weird to drive with a windscreen :) .

As you know this is only my 4th Sunbeam. But the stock SIV will be a daily driver soon, as were the prior three, thanks to the Forum.

I'm happy to hear it fire up each day :)

Allan

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Great drive

I probably put 60 miles on it tonight like Chuck Berry used to say..."with no particular place to go......".

Had a light dinner, drove around.

Got a cup of coffee. Drove around.

Drove past PIR.

Remembered that I fixed my horn and turn signals last week. Drive out in the boondocks to check the horn. Yup. It worked. Turn signals too. I amaze myself sometimes.

Got to hammer it in a twisty section for a bit.

Drove past the dairy and made sure the cows were fine.

Drove some more...

Then took the long way home. :D

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Driving the Alpine

Well thanks for rubbing it all in.
We have had snow on the ground since before Christmas. I was just barely able to get the water draining down the gutter instead of puddling in my driveway. We did have a bit of a melt the last few days.

But, this morning I woke up to about 4-6" of new snow.

No driving for me, unless you like salt all over your car.

Come on Spring!!!

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not rubbing it in.....(too much)........ you should be glad some of us can enjoy a drive.... Hey, it's starting out real nice today.............think I'll do a Series 6 :D....'cept I need to drive about 20 miles just to get out of the congestion..I'll try to drive a mile for everyone that's snowed in....:cool:

Tom j

lgurley

Donation Time
Well thanks for rubbing it all in.
We have had snow on the ground since before Christmas. I was just barely able to get the water draining down the gutter instead of puddling in my driveway. We did have a bit of a melt the last few days.

But, this morning I woke up to about 4-6" of new snow.

No driving for me, unless you like salt all over your car.
Come on Spring!!!
Rob,
I always wondered why some of the members don't fill in their location on their profile. Now I know. It is because you don't want us lucky ones to know you are frozen in for the winter.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
You'll get your chance...

I've said this before... Come June, July, August and September, you guys will be posting the same things. Great weather, perfect time for a drive. I'll be locked up in the garage peeking thru the blinds. (I got a/c and a fridge in there)

I don't take the Alpine out when it's 105-117.... :eek: Like driving into a blast furnace... About the time the needle makes it's second trip around the temp gauge face I start questioning the wisdom.......... You'll get your turn...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Nick,

I had almost the same problem in So.Cal. in the summer time. I didn´t go out very often in the day time, but when the sun went down, I dropped the top and went for a ride. 78 degrees at night is perfect for the Alpine. I could drive up into the San Bernardino mountains, or drive to the the beach. The beach is about 80 miles from where I used to live, and was just about right in distance to get my Alpine fix. I don´t know if you can go out at night in the summer in Phoenix, but you might want to try it. It is especially great, when the moon is out and the night is clear, WOW!!:D

Jose:D

lgurley

Donation Time
I've said this before... Come June, July, August and September, you guys will be posting the same things. Great weather, perfect time for a drive. I'll be locked up in the garage peeking thru the blinds. (I got a/c and a fridge in there)

I don't take the Alpine out when it's 105-117.... :eek: Like driving into a blast furnace... About the time the needle makes it's second trip around the temp gauge face I start questioning the wisdom.......... You'll get your turn...
I have COPD and the summer is so oppressive I can hardly stand it. I had an air conditioner installed but I don't know if it will be sufficient . I hope so. Other wise I will be parked too.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
After reading this thread I got excited, fixed the generator, and took the SIV for a spin around Atlanta - top down of course :)

It's cold again, must be down in the 50s but who cares ??

Allan

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Larry,

If you put some of that space age insulation on the firewall and the trans tunnel, the Air conditioning you put in should work well. Also, don´t forget to block all the holes in the firewall too, because you would be surprised just how much heat can come through them. I´m sure that you will be driving it all summer long too.

Jose

P.S. Was the mechanic able to stop the belt squealing?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
My area of The Valley is either 5 degrees higher when it's hot or lower when it's cold than Phoenix. Has to do with the mountains around the area. Holds the temp in. As anyone who lives here will tell you, when the sun has been baking the ground all day, the ground radiates...

Best example I can give you is when I lived in an apartment and parked my truck outside, in the morning when I started it up, the temp needle would immediately register temperature.