• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

April 29-May 2, 2010 Invasion in North Carolina!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We talked over Invasion plans at the SOS this last weekend and came up with some great ideas. For those who can join us on Sept. 25+26 some of us will be at this show http://www.autumninthemountains.org/aitm_2009/index.html
It is held at the same host hotel that we will be using!

For the Invasion, we plan on having one day (Friday April 30th) to go to the Biltmore House and/or take a long mountain drive ending up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and having lunch on the the top of Mt Mitchell-the highest point East of the Mississippi. The following day (Saturday May 1st) will be the All Sunbeam+Rootes show at a site to be determined with catered lunch. The show's location will involve driving on some nice mountain roads to get there! There will be plenty of interesting things to do for the whole family and the costs will be reasonable. Stay tuned! Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Latest updates!

Latest updates-we will have our car show on the shore of Lake Lure on Saturday May 1st, 2010. This is a beautiful location that is in a mountain valley! There are low cost boat rides available at the nearby marina to let you check out the lake too. We are finalizing the banquet location and costs and expect to have the registration forms available soon. Thank-you, Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam mountain drive!

Last night George C. and I talked about the Sunbeam mountain drive he is putting together for the Invasion. It will include a long drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway and a lunch stop at the top of Mt. Mitchell which is the highest point East of the Mississippi. Make sure your brakes and your cooling system are working at 100%! More to come.....Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sounds great ! Do we have a Logo yet ? I want to make up some pins and bottle openers (who drinks twist off beer ?:p ) to put in the "goodie" bags.

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hi Tom,
Check with Andrew Masse, I think he's getting the registration badges ready like he did for Invasion VIII. Thanks for doing this, it will be a great addition to the Invasion X.:)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Andrew has done the new logo for next years Invasion. He has sent it to me for the registration forms etc. I will send you a copy of it tonight when I get home.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well Tom, I have an issue with my computer. We've all heard of them crashing. Mine fell off of a shelf about 4 feet high and really CRASHED. I lost everything for now till I take it to the shop and get what I can off of it. As soon as I get the logo I will send it to you.

Andrew if you see this please send the Invasion X logo to Tom.

Cheers,

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
is this it?

http://www.sunbeaminvasion.com/

invasion-X-Logo2.jpg

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's it! THANKS! I also just found it on an old email that was sent to me so if this will not work for you Tom let me know.

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks guys, I also found it on the Invasion X are you ready. I'll let you know if we can work with this once we get started. One small note however why was the location not included on the logo ?

Thanks again, Tom j

If any one has suggestions for the hospitality room PLEASE let me know, although we'll have plenty of help it's the "first time" for us.
One thought, English cars = English beer, make any sense to anyone ?

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Have you reserved a room yet?

Hi all
The Invasion registration forms will be hitting the internet soon-have you made a reservation for your room yet? The 2010 Invasion is getting closer!
Here is hotel information:

Start making plans to attend the next Invasion! It will be from April 29 until May 2, 2010. Our host hotel will be the Quality Inn and Suites which is located in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Room rates are $62.99 per night for our block of rooms. When reserving a room please mention the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America to get the special room rate. You can phone 828-692-7231 to make reservations. Here is a link to the hotel.

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-hendersonville-north_carolina-NC843?sid=yu4c.R_38hgGaOi.6

Hendersonville is a small town just South of Asheville with many small shops and some great restaurants. It is an easy 10 minute drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway and some of the best backroads in North Carolina start right in front of our hotel! We are planning on some great group mountain drives as well as visiting some of the local attractions. There will be lots of things for the whole family to enjoy. More information will be coming soon!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The registration form should be approved and on the forum by this weekend. Keep your eyes open for it and let's get the excitement started for
Invasion X!!!

Cheers,

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Registration Form

The registration form has been posted on the Invasion web site.
I will keep making changes to the site as I receive the information.

We have also update the club donation area of the SAOCA site. You will see sample images of the club calendar, donation member and the limited edition Alpine poster for 2010. We thank you for the support and we look forward to the continuation of this web site and providing rich content directly to you, our loyal members.

Thanks again,
Andrew Masse

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Invasion updates!

Andrew has updated the Invasion website http://www.sunbeaminvasion.com/
Now hotel info and booking information is linked as well as the Invasion Registration form. Invasion volunteers are getting Invasion shirts, door prizes, and other things together for the largest gathering of Sunbeam Alpines and other Rootes cars to be held in North America this year!
Here also is a link to the nearby Lake Lure Marina which will be right next door to our Saturday Sunbeam Show http://www.lakelure.com/tours.php#schedule Plan on taking an hour or so and going out on the lake for a tour. Look at those mountains in the photos!
Please take the time to register now for the Invasion and reserve your hotel room too. Thanks, Eric

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Questions

Can I attend the Invasion even though I will not have a car ready?
Do the events take place at the Motel or is that just were everyone stays?
Can anyone recommend a nearby campground?

Thanks

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Yes, anyone is welcome, as far as I know you don't even have to own an Alpine. People have shown up in cars other than Alpines, towed Alpines that are not in running condition, even fly-ins with rental cars. I think it is a great place for people with projects as you can really get energized and motivated by seeing everyone's cars. Plus you have an opportunity to check out tech sessions (if we are having some?) to learn stuff, etc. And I think, most importantly meet faces and make new friends from the forum. You may even be able to bum a ride in someone's Alpine as navigator for a rally or something if you need an Alpine fix.

I strongly encourage you to attend.

-Todd

Can I attend the Invasion even though I will not have a car ready?
Do the events take place at the Motel or is that just were everyone stays?
Can anyone recommend a nearby campground?

Thanks

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hey Guys,

During Invasion VIII I had a chat with a number of people and they had asked about name tags and the Invasion Car information sheet that was used for the car show.

Please not that there is a PDF that you can down load from the Invasion Site. Click on the name tags button on the right hand side and you will see a full colour PDF down load on your computer.

Have fun guys, I wish I could be there.

Regards,
Andrew