• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone have a CE.3030/00 clock?

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
I just realized that the clock for sale on the TEAE site is in fact a 3131/00 NOT a 3030/00 !! They look identical as far as I know but according to this fine reference ( on this site )
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=82&p2_articleid=7

It appears that the 3131/00 is of 'unknown' application . For nit- pickers, this could be an issue... Actually there are a couple of + grd. clocks that have the same faces as both the sideways 9/3 and vertical 9/3 ... eg. CE.2194/14 . For someone wanting to gut the clock ( I've only EVER owned ONE that worked ) and convert it...this could be a good option.

Jim

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I just started another thread on this. Anyone on this thread actually have a picture of a 3030/00?

Just like Jim said (though he miswrote 3131/00), it seems it is a white arm gauge with 3 and 9 laying horizontal, negative earth.

I should note that my dad is reported to have said he had a 3030/00. I have his Tiger now and it doesn't have that clock in it. It has the quartz one that looks like the correct gauge (and works great). I'm looking in his stuff to see if he took it out and put it somewhere. But I don't recall ever seeing it.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have that quartz one, too. It looks the part and works great... as such, I'm under no compunction to replace it.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Agreed. I'm just trying to help figure out if 3030/00 is real or a typo. It looks like a typo by my dad. But Norman says the same thing. So maybe Norman had the first typo, and my dad just looked at his info. Or there really is a white arm, horizontal 3 and 9, negative ground, adjusters at the bottom clock!

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just started another thread on this. Anyone on this thread actually have a picture of a 3030/00?

Just like Jim said (though he miswrote 3131/00), it seems it is a white arm gauge with 3 and 9 laying horizontal, negative earth.

I should note that my dad is reported to have said he had a 3030/00. I have his Tiger now and it doesn't have that clock in it. It has the quartz one that looks like the correct gauge (and works great). I'm looking in his stuff to see if he took it out and put it somewhere. But I don't recall ever seeing it.

Jay,

Have you considered trying to inquire about this clock with the current Smiths in England? They may have records that could answer your question.

Just a thought

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Good luck ........ because I question if this clock even exists. And if, by chance, someone out there actually has one I would appreciate a pic of the dial myself.

Mark
They exist. I have one in my car. It has been in the car since my dad bought it in 1970.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
They exist. I have one in my car. It has been in the car since my dad bought it in 1970.
Its been 11 years since I challenged the existence of this clock. In the meantime, I've seen only two that had CE3030/00 on the dial and they were both silkscreened remakes. So, I (and I'm sure other) would appreciate a quality close-up pic of the dial showing the numbers.

Thanks, Mark