• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone have a CE.3030/00 clock?

66Tiger

Donation Time
I am trying to find out the exact lettering at the top and bottom of the clock outside the 4 large numbers (12 - 3 - 6 - 9).

Such as:
MADE IN UK or MADE IN ENGLAND or Made In U.K. or Made In England.

and where is the CE.3030/00? top...bottom...

Someone even suggested "For Negative Earth" was above the 12.

So anyone out there have one of these clocks???

Paul

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good luck ........ because I question if this clock even exists. And if, by chance, someone out there actually has one I would appreciate a pic of the dial myself.

Mark

alpine_64

Donation Time
Good luck ........ because I question if this clock even exists. And if, by chance, someone out there actually has one I would appreciate a pic of the dial myself.

Mark
they do exist.. i have seen 3 in cars (all MKI tigers) and i have seen 1 for sale a couple of years back.. was a VERY expensive item.

66Tiger

Donation Time
Last night I received an answer from Norm C. Miller...so that's the route I will be taking....

"For Negative Earth" at the top and "Made In UK CE. 3030/00" at the bottom.

Paul

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I have been watching the smiths clocks on Ebay for probably the last few months and I have tried to bid on a few. Almost every clock that suits either an Alpine or Tiger (without knowing the part number) have gone for a minimum of US$120. It is a shame that reproduction units are not made. It seems that classic car gauges have not been hit by the world financial crisis.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

I have been watching the smiths clocks on Ebay for probably the last few months and I have tried to bid on a few. Almost every clock that suits either an Alpine or Tiger (without knowing the part number) have gone for a minimum of US$120. It is a shame that reproduction units are not made. It seems that classic car gauges have not been hit by the world financial crisis.

Regards, Robin.

thats cheap if they are correct alpine/tiger clocks. I have paid much more than that.. which one do you want it for rob.. i have some spare clocks i can probably part with if you have some interesting parts to trade

64beam

Donation Time
thats cheap if they are correct alpine/tiger clocks. I have paid much more than that.. which one do you want it for rob.. i have some spare clocks i can probably part with if you have some interesting parts to trade

Hi Michael,

Once you convert the US price and add postage, you will soon be laying out a few green bills. I would like a clock for the Tiger, or at least one that looks correct. And no, I will not swap the Tiger for it ;) . I don't know what I have to trade that may interest you.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Michael,

Once you convert the US price and add postage, you will soon be laying out a few green bills. I would like a clock for the Tiger, or at least one that looks correct. And no, I will not swap the Tiger for it ;) . I don't know what I have to trade that may interest you.

Regards, Robin.

Am suer we can work something out.. however you will have to paint the hands orange/red as the ones i have look correct but are white handed.. as per SI/II.

66Tiger

Donation Time
This artwork is at the printers right now...

CE3030-00Clock.jpg

The image is not full size...

The clock face is as close as I can get without having an actual clock in my hand. The lettering/numbers are in white and may be crisper than an original clock. Although I left the SMITHS logo soft like the original silkscreening.

A limited number will be offered for anyone interested in converting their existing Smiths clock to this face. The cost will be determined shortly, but will be significantly less than buying a SMITHS clock.

I will eventually will have faces/numbers for other clocks.

Paul

64beam

Donation Time

Hi,

I don't know if it was the same seller, but I think he tried to sell that same clock on Ebay. Considering what other clocks of similar standard are going for, I think it is a bit high. To get that clock to my shores will cost me more than AUS$300 :eek: . I also recently bought the same Tiger correct ammeter in similar condition for half that price.

Regards, Robin.

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
I've sold lots of those ammeters on e-Bay ...usually get about $40US-$70US ... I had an N.O.S. one in the original box that fetched over $100US . I think the 3131/00 will sell easily at that price as it's an ultra rare piece . There seems to be a lot more 3131/01's around but they still go for at least $150US... often more. I think of the half dozen Alpine/Tiger clocks I've sold, I averaged at least $200 for them.
Best gauge find I ever came across was an e-Bay U.K. ad that read... 'Triumph Spares' ... There was a picture of 2 large gauges, 4 small and one a little bigger... the pic was so dark you couldn't make it out... I copied the pic and enlarged it on my PC and could tell at least the large ones looked 'Alpine' so I bid and won the auction for £7 ...! What I received was a set of Alpine gauges including a 3131/01 clock all in almost perfect condition !! That clock is presently in my Tiger...

Jim

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

I don't know if it was the same seller, but I think he tried to sell that same clock on Ebay. Considering what other clocks of similar standard are going for, I think it is a bit high. To get that clock to my shores will cost me more than AUS$300 :eek: . I also recently bought the same Tiger correct ammeter in similar condition for half that price.

Regards, Robin.

Rob, If you got the cvorrect MKI clock for less than 300Au i think you would be doign well. i was actualyl surprised that he was only asking 225 for it... as for the ammeter and MKIA/SV clock.. yeah.. a bit of hunting will find you one cheaper.

64beam

Donation Time
Rob, If you got the cvorrect MKI clock for less than 300Au i think you would be doign well. i was actualyl surprised that he was only asking 225 for it... as for the ammeter and MKIA/SV clock.. yeah.. a bit of hunting will find you one cheaper.

Hi Michael,

If money was no object, yeah I would go for it. I just can't justify spending over $300 on one even if they are rare and sought after. I'm in no rush and one day I will find one.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Michael,

If money was no object, yeah I would go for it. I just can't justify spending over $300 on one even if they are rare and sought after. I'm in no rush and one day I will find one.

Regards, Robin.

Rob... i figure they will only go up in value.. as for you finding one.. are you reffering to the CE3030/)) or the 31 type.. ? you need the easier to find one.. so shouldn't be an issue

64beam

Donation Time
Rob... i figure they will only go up in value.. as for you finding one.. are you reffering to the CE3030/)) or the 31 type.. ? you need the easier to find one.. so shouldn't be an issue

I actually like the 31 type with the vertical numbers better than the horizontal number type. In general the smiths clocks are going for good money at the moment.

Regards, Robin.