1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Discussion in 'Modified Alpine' started by PROCRAFT, Jun 9, 2020.

1. PROCRAFT

PROCRAFT Gold Level Sponsor

WERE GONNA DO THIS V6 CAR FOR A FRIEND AND DO SOME LITTLE TWEAKS TO KEEP IT INTERESTING, ALREADY GOT MY BRAKES ON THE FRONT AND MY FOUR LINK REAR, SO ITS A START
    A FEW MORE THINGS UP MY SLEVE SO TO SPEAK. IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2114.JPG 003.JPG IMG_1817.JPG

2. phyrman

phyrman SAOCA Secretary Diamond Level Sponsor

Nice!
    Send pix of your rear end please.

BD

3. PROCRAFT

There ya go.

phyrman likes this.
  4. phyrman

That would be a nice kit!!!

5. Series6

Series6 Past President Gold Level Sponsor

Well, the secret is out.

To quote the great philosopher of the '70's, Harry Callahan, "a man's got to know his limitations".

It's mine.

Back in Phoenix, I had time and the support to make a go of putting this car on the road but was out of work for an extended time. Up here, I really don't have the time and people i can get the advice to get it done. So the decision had to be made to sell the project and the tons of parts I assembled over 10+ years or just admit it wasn't going to get done sitting in my garage. Joel and I talked and he was kind enough to take it on. I'm grateful.

I greatly admire you who can execute a car from the ground up.

Joel pretty much has a free hand to build it. I'm not going to micromanage. I'm hoping he will post updates and things he discovers along the way so members can learn from this project's progress. It's in great hands and I trust his judgement.

I shipped 6 footlockers of parts and 3 cardboard boxes along with the roller. There will be leftovers and I still have stuff here. As soon as Joel advises me he has everything he needs I'll offer what we don't need.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  6. MikeH

MikeH Platinum Level Sponsor

Series6 likes this.
  7. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Bruce be carefully how you word your request:) "Pix of your rear end" can go different ways!!! Ha, Ha

phyrman likes this.
  8. DanR

Nick, Great to hear you are finally getting your "spare" Alpine together.... I'm sure Joel will make you happy.

9. Series6

I'd like to learn half of what Joel's forgotten.

10. phyrman

Dang! ya found out!!! :)

11. PROCRAFT

Apparently Dan deleted them.

12. DanR

Sure did not intend to delete them. My mistake.

Thanks Joel for sending them to me! I'll reload them if you don't....

13. PROCRAFT

You can do it I'm resting

14. PROCRAFT

Here's what was deleted. IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1864.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG

15. PROCRAFT

Off to the material store get some 18ga. to finish the trunk. IMG_2115.JPG

16. Fergusonic

Fergusonic Donation Time

Are you going to use the Original Fuel tanks or install a Mustang tank?

17. PROCRAFT

We'll see what Nick has to say,as this car is going to be fuel injected it be simpler to use the Mutt FI tank than to go thru all the BS of dipping,coating , modifing of the stock ones a lot more to it than necessary. And plus the trunks all ready half removed!

Series6 likes this.
  18. Series6

Hmmm.... anyone looking for SV tanks and pipes?

19. PROCRAFT

Working on the forward trunk patch panel IMG_2116.JPG

20. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Joel will the spare go tiger style on the floor or does it depend if you switch to the mustang tank?