• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Hey Joel,,,,, at what date do you predict you will be removing the Heads to take a look-see?

Brad

Um, there might be a small modest fee for look see's. Make checks out to:

Series 6 Restoration Fund,
Centralia Washington

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
So does the tank sit in the trunk or is it installed the way it is in a Mustang?

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I can't tell by the picture. Is this the stainless tank? I replaced two in my 65 due to ethanol gas rusting. Keeping the tank near full and using gas treatment helped but stainless tank and lines would probably be best solution...if only ethanol available in ones area.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Joel, While I was trying to take a look at the transmission mount, it was not clear to me. If you decide to go with a different one, perhaps you could take a look at one of mine. It is formed to allow for the routing of the exhaust piping along side of the transmission.

PIC's available if you are interested,

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Got the Mutt tank in today, inserts and such tomorrow. for all the Nay Sayers think about a Tiger trunk floor with a tire laying down this tank is 2" above he floor.View attachment 20165
Nice job...we took a little different approach on my SI V6 conversion project. Used a universal tank from tanks.com...sacrificed the spare tire area but gives us a 16 gallon tank already set up for EFI. Have yet to plumb the filler tube but it will run in the stock location.
F3284FA4-E3A3-4937-892B-350B095330C6.jpeg

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks, this too is a fuel injection tank from Tanks, just a universal Mustang tank, I bought one of their in tank pumps, to use with the Sniper I'll just buy the basic kit without the pump lines etc.
and plum with hard lines and put a micron post filter in line,as to the trunk space don't reckon to much is lost doing this.
I’ve done the exact same thing re the in tank pump and Sniper accessories. I guess a lot of people run the flexible fuel line for their EFI’s but I can’t get my head around that idea so will also be plumbing with hard line as are you.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like some of us are on the same page.
My only quandary is whether to run the lines under the car,or thru the pass. compartment.
I just been having that conversation with my body guy...I think we’re going to opt for under the car...even though the risk is pretty minimal with hard lines, I’d really rather have them outside the passenger compartment in case something goes hay wire. To keep them close to the floor we may fab an additional passage through the x-frame similar to the exhaust passages only smaller obviously.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
T5 Bracket 20160611_163031.jpg 20170707_145244.jpg Joel, Here's a picture of one of my tranny brackets that may give you an idea on routing the exhaust.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
In the Street Rod group everything had to be hard lines under the car and above the scrub-line to pass safety inspection. That is just one reason I am TILTING my Sunbeam. So much easier to run wires, fuel lines, and exhaust with things at eye-level. You guys have been working on Sunbeams for years but this is new to me and it is definitely different from Street Rods.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
As far as I'm concerned, the answer is a roll of copper-nickle brake line run underneath. The stuff is easy to work and very durable. Surprisingly quick and easy job, even while laying on your back. Price is within reason.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
As far as I'm concerned, the answer is a roll of copper-nickle brake line run underneath. The stuff is easy to work and very durable. Surprisingly quick and easy job, even while laying on your back. Price is within reason.

Bill
Available at any O'Reilly Auto Parts. They carry various diameters and rolls of various lenghts It was used for both the fuel line and brake lines on our last project.

Fergusonic

Donation Time
I'll bite...… isn't Stainless tubing very difficult to flair and prone to cracking when doing so? And why did you choose SS vs Aluminum or that Copper stuff?