1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

50th Anniversary Harrington Gathering 2011

Discussion in 'Harrington Alpine' started by Series3Scott, Nov 23, 2007.

1. pjmotorsports

pjmotorsports Donation Time

you guys could have the harrington meet this year at united,,we would love to work this in with our plans in october

2. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

harrington

pat,
    i would say there will be at least two at the united.

3. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Platinum Level Sponsor

Yup-me and Bob. A "club" of two! Eric

4. 65beam

harrington

eric,
    i assume that rick kellett still has his D type, but do you know of anyone else that in this part of the country that has a harrington? does phil perron still have his lemans? i think there was another around bellfontaine ohio, jan's went to iowa and i know of three on the west coast with one having a V6,brian boyer has wally's and we have three. i wonder where there are others.

5. mattinoz

mattinoz Donation Time

Harringtons in Oz

Here a pic of a nice pale blue Harrington at our recent Nationals. The club social sec has a red Le Mans restored by Mal Clark

6. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Matt,

The car you pictured belonged to ian spencer, a founder of the SAOCA and board. He sold it to AU a couple of years back. We are lucky to get such a nice properly restored Harrington in the country, no bodges on this stunning car, I hope it drew the attention it deserves.

7. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Diamond Level Sponsor

Same car, different view. My wife and I stumbled upon the car as it was on its way to the West Coast to be shipped down under. The photo was taken while scooting down the interstate at 65 mph.

[​IMG]

Bill

8. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Gold Level Sponsor

I rebuilt the engine for Ian
    Jan

9. mattinoz

mattinoz Donation Time

Michael, Yes it did. Many admiring inspections. It arrived on a trailer (it's in the background) and what a stunning random coincidence Bill, to see the same car on a trailer crossing the USA. Fortunately it made it to AU safe and sound unlike a recent import that seems to have been dropped somewhere along the way.

10. atallamcs

atallamcs Donation Time

Blue Harrington

Whose Blue Harrington is that pictured at the Nationals?
    Bill

11. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Bill,

The pic is of the ex-ian spencer harrington at the australian sunbeam nationals earlier this month.

12. 65beam

harrington

we were at the vintage races at mid ohio this weekend and an ex hillman owner ( now a volvo 1800 owner ) told us that a customer at the shop where he works had a lemans many years ago and he had some work done on another car recently and was telling them he still has the lemans stored. it's in pretty sad shape from what he was telling them. they are going to ask him where the car is and if he would sell it.

13. Harrington Jan

Harrington Jan Bronze Level Sponsor

If it is possible can you check out the VIN, please

14. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

original HLM sold to whom?

I see the original HLM sold for 64000 euros but who was the lucky buyer? Any body heard>
    Jeff

15. Harrington Jan

Harrington Jan Bronze Level Sponsor

Hi Jeff

It was sold for £ 64960 pounds Sterling (10% commision) and went to USA. I don't think the new owner wants me to announce his name. You will know sooner or later from the results from the tracks.

16. alpineclive

alpineclive Donation Time

Le Mans Spears and side trim

Hi

I just reread one of your posts from years ago and at the time it seemed you might be able to get replica side trims made in Manila...did that ever work out for you? What are the results like and can more be made? I have one spear but need everything else!

Best regards
    Clive