• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

$30,000 Series V !!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here, Here! Well said Michael!! I'm at least 15K into my Series V restoration and it hasn't been painted yet, and no interior to speak of either. This car will be one of the nice ones when finished. I also have a Series IV that I've owned for just about 30 years. I just cleaned & sealed the tanks and found all kinds of rust and old repairs that I did 25 years ago, and not really well either! I plan a total rotisserie restoration on that car once the Series V is finished. The restoration on the Series V , which is being done correctly, has made me realize the errors I made on the IV. Alpines are very unique and I know that putting the cars right will make them more valuable in the future.
Heck, if an MGB can go for the low to mid 20's, why shouldn't an Alpine? Much rarer than your MGB, or MGA.( and better built to boot! :D)

Cheers!
Steve

John Boggis

Donation Time
Jim, The ebay car is for sale on another site for a straight £8000.

Bit of a twist on this one...the ebay one which was on another site at £8000 has been bought by the same garage and they have it for sale at £17500 ! Not a bad mark up !!